GL1200 GOLDWINGS
Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - Printable Version

+- GL1200 GOLDWINGS (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200)
+-- Forum: TECH CENTER (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Back Yard Built Gold Wings Bar and Grill for GL1000 and GL1100 owners (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! (/showthread.php?tid=6156)

Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - Badorderbob - 09-25-2009

Recently on other boards this conversation of Carb Conversions have been brought up with some IN DEPT discussional contraversary :-SS :d !!!!! So I was just wondering :- if anyone has or is doing a conversion!! Since this board in the past has indulged in this :d , I was wondering if anything new might be on the horizon :d !!! I'm still going to put my 32/36 Weber /Holley on \:d/ , I've just been riding :YMHUG: !!!!!!! I also put on an 83 seat and 83 trunk bracket giving some extra room, passenger arm rests and recovered (the best I could) rear trunk pad, third LED blinking brake light when applied, extra mini Led turn lights to front and back, converted what lights I could to LED and also rebuilt rear master cylinder and caliper putting on new pads #-O !!! And I was able to invest in some SS Brake lines :-@ :-@ :-@, also put rear bearings & seals in and last but not least an air horn \:d/ !!!! The air horn saved me the first day I took her out for a ride, some Idiot pulled out in front of me but swerved back in time to the center turn lane :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: !! All most forgot, I rebuilt the tensioners and put on new Gates Belts @-) @-) @-) !!!! All I ( for my winter project) have to do yet is the front brake line replacement, rebuild master cylinder and add my Back rest :-@ :-@ !!! I'm also contemplating converting over to an electric fuel pump, adding a new radio..........Well I don't think I missed anything B-( :YMCOWBOY: !! OK What have you been up TOO!!! Later **== :YMPEACE: 8) Bob

Re: Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - garyft - 09-26-2009

I'm a bit confused by your statement that you plan to convert to an electric fuel pump... I'm pretty sure all GL1200's have electric fuel pumps stock.

Re: Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - admin - 09-26-2009

Sounds like you're building a really nice 1100 there Bob. Over this winter I plan on installing new crank bearings in my 1200 so I can put it back in my bike. Right now I'm using my spare engine and compared to the modified engine with the ported heads it's a little sluggish.

Re: Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - Badorderbob - 09-26-2009

T., I ride an 81Gl-1100, none of the 1100's had electric fuel pumps. I do have a back up fuel pump but would like to convert in time, just to see if I can!! I have put an inline check valve with my OEM pump, so the fuel wont leak into the carb. I can now leave the petcock on, but still have a habit of turning it off at night. I did find an electric fuel pump 2-4.5 with a check valve in it and an antisiphon valve !! Maybe this will be included in my winter project!! 8) Bob

Re: Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - AzWing - 09-28-2009

Bob, Where did you find the inline check valve, and where did you mount it?
I still go out to the garage and check to make sure I turned the petcock to off.
And I installed a new pump I got from Crescent Moon in Prescott Valley, Az.

Re: Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike! - Badorderbob - 09-28-2009

I found mine on the Infamous fleabay, and mounted it on the inline right before the carb!! Bob