GL1200 GOLDWINGS
SOLD ! / 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - Printable Version

+- GL1200 GOLDWINGS (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200)
+-- Forum: GL1200 PARTS (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: PARTS or BIKES FOR SALE (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: SOLD ! / 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale (/showthread.php?tid=6833)

Pages: 1 2

SOLD ! / 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - Burnout - 04-21-2010

Hello all.....

My post last weekend got lost when the sever went down. So I'm re-posting again. Good thing I kept a copy.

I've switched back to the "Dark Side" and am putting up the Wing for sale. Here is a brief description of the bike that I put up on C/L.

What I have here is a fuel injected 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition. There’s not many of these around ! This bike is fully loaded with factory options and in great shape. Runs excellent. 46k miles. IT NEEDS NOTHING and is ready to ride across the country. Everything works. Many upgrades and new maintenance items. It has some functional aftermarket accessories, but has not been molested by the chrome monster or the light gods. Close to all original. Hartco / Diamond custom seat with backrest and rain covers. Still have original LTD seat and backrest. I just bought a new bike and this one needs to go. No room in the garage for 3 motorcycles.
For the nostalgic collector, this bike comes with original 1985 factory matching Honda Line LTD bike cover, LTD jackets, LTD helmets, LTD saddlebag and trunk liners and LTD luggage bags (you won’t find this stuff anywhere). Honda factory service manuals, Clymer manual and owners operating manual. Also have a boat load of extra spare parts and chrome accessories that go with the bike. Clean title and paperwork in my name. You won’t be disappointed when you see this classic Wing. I’m asking $3900, but will look at all serious offers. Can e-mail more pic's if your interested.

Thanks !

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - admin - 04-21-2010

Somebody is going to get an awfully good deal on an LTD, especially considering that my 84 Aspy has a certified appraisal of $7000. I guess Adam is just not a greedy guy and really wants someone else to have this beautiful LTD. Way to go Adam. :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - admin - 04-21-2010

I bet you're wishing that you had a garage and some extra bucks aren't you Angela?

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - 84wngnut - 04-21-2010

:xDANG I wished I had waited till now I would have bought this one in a heartbeat #-O By the time I get mine on the road right I will have that much in it or more and won't have all the nostalgic extras #-O #-O #-O This is a real collectors item

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - Burnout - 04-21-2010

Thanks for the positive comments on the bike ! It will make someone a fine ride. Your right Vic, I'm not being greedy, but it does need to go quickly. Right now the bike is over at my fathers sitting in the garage and getting dusty. I just don't have the room for it here at the house. I took it out two days ago for a 100 mile run "just to keep the battery charged". :lol:

Hey Angela.....I'll let ya take it for a spin for free !

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - bluewing - 04-21-2010

You should sell that beauty in no time for that price.

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - Guest - 04-23-2010

Hello!

Through the boards here at gl1200goldwings.com, I have become aware that you have an LTD for sale. Kindly be advised I would like very much to purchase this bike from you, as I have always wanted an LTD. I am prepared to pay your full asking price, via whatever means suits you best. Could you please confirm that you have a clear title for this great bike in hand?

My caretaker lives in Lake Placid, NY and can be dispatched at your convenience to collect this LTD. Could you please e-mail me and let me know if it would be acceptable for me to pass your contact details along to him so he might arrange a mutually convenient time and date to complete the sale?

Thank-you most kindly for your assistance with this matter.

Cordially yours,
David

Sorry, I stupidly forgot to include my e-mail address. It is: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:1977gl1000@gmail.com">1977gl1000@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> Thank-you again.

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - Tropicalsuns - 04-23-2010

David,

No disrespect but will your caretaker be paying with cash or a "money order" made out for 7000 so that Adam can ship it somewhere and pocket the difference?

I sell my stuff for cash only......

Tropicalsuns:

Thank-you for your gracious query. Kindly be advised that all my purchases are effected via cash only. Although I am new to this forum, my veracity can be affirmed by the seller elsewhere on a different group.

Thank-you most sincerely for your kind interest in this matter.

Cordially yours,
David

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - Tropicalsuns - 04-23-2010

dbd123 Wrote:Tropicalsuns:

Thank-you for your gracious query. Kindly be advised that all my purchases are effected via cash only. Although I am new to this forum, my veracity can be affirmed by the seller elsewhere on a different group.

Thank-you most sincerely for your kind interest in this matter.

Cordially yours,
David

Enjoy your new bike.... it's a beauty!

Thank-you, Tropicalsuns, I only hope my interest is not expressed too tardily. It does indeed appear to be both an important and magnificent machine which I would be honoured to add to my stable.

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - roscoepc - 04-23-2010

dbd123 Wrote:Thank-you, Tropicalsuns, I only hope my interest is not expressed too tardily. It does indeed appear to be both an important and magnificent machine which I would be honoured to add to my stable.

Welcome to the Site!

Thank-you, roscoepc!

I do hope I shall soon become the new owner of a valued GL1200, and that my experience with this iconic motorbike will expand exponentially beyond my already treasured GL1000's. I look forward to learning as much as possible and contributing whatever small bit I might be able to. Smile

Thank-you most kindly for your post, fysty-1. If I may please be so bold, I think the post you are querying was made because of my unusual locale. I think the poster was only trying to ascertain if I was going to attempt to implement some elaborate scam involving money orders or banker's drafts or ridiculous shipping schemes. I do understand the unique nature of my domicile, so I take no offence whatsoever at one member trying to protect the interests of another. After all, it's not every day that a person with homes on opposite sides of the world pops their head up unannounced! :lol:

As you know, my intents are absolutely sincere and honourable, I only hope they are not too late.... :-SS

Re: 1985 GL1200 Honda Goldwing Limited Edition for sale - roscoepc - 04-23-2010

fysty-1 Wrote:Right there alongside of my dream of one day owning a 49-51 Merc lead sled. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEzBdtbQ6k&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEzBdtb ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8)