Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Here's my 86 Aspencade SE-i
[Image: 1000175_586299708068565_1741424927_n.jpg]
vern38 AKA Squirrelly
#1 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM,
got any bigger pictures? LOL, Nice bike!
1986 SEi Limited Edition. 1985 Aspencade
If it's not broke, I can fix that!
#2 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM,
welcome to the site Vern from the west coast of Canada,
great looking bike.
Johan
#3 07-07-2013, 10:19 PM,
(07-07-2013, 08:47 PM)Frank Wrote: got any bigger pictures? LOL, Nice bike!

Sorry about the "GIANT PICTURES" Blush I linked the pictures to my Facebook Albums and this is what I got. Had no intention of putting up pics that big LOL... Thanks Love my Wing!!!

(07-07-2013, 10:19 PM)firstwing85 Wrote: welcome to the site Vern from the west coast of Canada,
great looking bike.

Thanks for the Welcome! Took a while to get it the way I wanted it but finally got there. Did all the work myself including paint.
vern38 AKA Squirrelly
#4 07-08-2013, 06:09 AM,
Everything is big in TexasBig Grin
Nice looking bike.
Roger
#5 07-08-2013, 06:16 AM,
WOW !! Looks like a new bike.
joe
#6 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM,
WOW I hada stand in the back yard just to appreciate the bike ...!!! I'm with you - GO BIG or GO HOME ...!!!
#7 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM,
Very pretty.
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#8 07-10-2013, 06:25 PM,
Very nice. I'm sure you get asked by people that don't know them if its NEW!
87 1200A
85 LTD
81 1100
81 KZ1000
58 Harley
62 Allstate
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... M_sharview
If everything's coming you're way, you're in the wrong lane
#9 07-11-2013, 07:16 AM,
How long have you had that voyager kit on it? Do you like the way it handles?
1986 SEi Limited Edition. 1985 Aspencade
If it's not broke, I can fix that!
#10 07-11-2013, 09:46 AM,
I Like it,similar to my 85 LTD with Insta-Trike but different in some ways, your chrome is in nice shape, its either low miles or been babied or both. Thanks for posting your photos we don't see too many of them and people need to see what can be done with these classic bikes. Big Grin
#11 07-11-2013, 01:40 PM,
(07-11-2013, 01:40 PM)sparky65 Wrote: I Like it,similar to my 85 LTD with Insta-Trike but different in some ways, your chrome is in nice shape, its either low miles or been babied or both. Thanks for posting your photos we don't see too many of them and people need to see what can be done with these classic bikes. Big Grin

Thanks so much! I have had the bike a little over 2 years traded my 2006 Yamaha Vstar 1100 for it and never looked back. I can remember the year this model came out and I fell in love with it especially the colors. Was looking at Wings on eBay one night and saw it posted for sale in Tulsa Oklahoma at a dealership, I called them up made a deal with them and drove up there to make the swap. There were a few things that needed to be replaced but overall the bike was in good shape. I think I put around $500.00 or so into it and started riding it. Since then I have done some repair work but mainly just maintenance.

I just finished putting the Voyager kit on it about 30 days ago, that's a whole story of it's own. I have been in 2 bad MC verses car accidents and I lost. One of the injuries was in my lower back and now that I'm turning 57 I am having problems with my lower back and hips especially with the wife on back. My solution 3 wheels (in my case 4) Smile Couldn't afford a new kit so I purchased a used one from a guy that had it on a Harley Bagger (he had clipped something with the drivers side fender) but for the price I couldn't refuse it. Brought it home did finder and finder mount repair painted it and ordered the hardware kit from MC Voyager. The rest is history. Do I like it (Yes), it's different but it didn't take long to get the hang if it. I know someone is going to ask about the wheels coming up off the ground on turns and curves. I preloaded it at one inch instead of a half inch and that helped reduce a lot of that, over all I love it. $3100.00 Dollars total for me to do the conversion myself that sure beats what it could have cost. Big Grin

Since I had a paint rig and mig welder it made no since to pay someone else to do the work besides I really didn't want anybody messing with my bike after I have gotten to where it's at now. The millage on it is 72,000 miles and it runs strong, wouldn't be afraid to do a cross country on it in fact I took it to ROT (Republic of Texas) Biker Rally in Austin last month and there sure were a lot of folks looking and taking pictures of it.
vern38 AKA Squirrelly
#12 07-12-2013, 06:56 PM,
(07-12-2013, 06:56 PM)vern38 Wrote:
(07-11-2013, 01:40 PM)sparky65 Wrote: I Like it,similar to my 85 LTD with Insta-Trike but different in some ways, your chrome is in nice shape, its either low miles or been babied or both. Thanks for posting your photos we don't see too many of them and people need to see what can be done with these classic bikes. Big Grin

Thanks so much! I have had the bike a little over 2 years traded my 2006 Yamaha Vstar 1100 for it and never looked back. I can remember the year this model came out and I fell in love with it especially the colors. Was looking at Wings on eBay one night and saw it posted for sale in Tulsa Oklahoma at a dealership, I called them up made a deal with them and drove up there to make the swap. There were a few things that needed to be replaced but overall the bike was in good shape. I think I put around $500.00 or so into it and started riding it. Since then I have done some repair work but mainly just maintenance.

I just finished putting the Voyager kit on it about 30 days ago, that's a whole story of it's own. I have been in 2 bad MC verses car accidents and I lost. One of the injuries was in my lower back and now that I'm turning 57 I am having problems with my lower back and hips especially with the wife on back. My solution 3 wheels (in my case 4) Smile Couldn't afford a new kit so I purchased a used one from a guy that had it on a Harley Bagger (he had clipped something with the drivers side fender) but for the price I couldn't refuse it. Brought it home did finder and finder mount repair painted it and ordered the hardware kit from MC Voyager. The rest is history. Do I like it (Yes), it's different but it didn't take long to get the hang if it. I know someone is going to ask about the wheels coming up off the ground on turns and curves. I preloaded it at one inch instead of a half inch and that helped reduce a lot of that, over all I love it. $3100.00 Dollars total for me to do the conversion myself that sure beats what it could have cost. Big Grin

Since I had a paint rig and mig welder it made no since to pay someone else to do the work besides I really didn't want anybody messing with my bike after I have gotten to where it's at now. The millage on it is 72,000 miles and it runs strong, wouldn't be afraid to do a cross country on it in fact I took it to ROT (Republic of Texas) Biker Rally in Austin last month and there sure were a lot of folks looking and taking pictures of it.

The one thing I've had to laugh off because thats the best way to handle it is when someone says "Training wheels" they say it in jest I think and thats the way I take it but if I think they are serious I'll ask them how long they've been riding and then tell them the truth, in two years I'll celebrate 50 years of riding motorcycles of all shapes and sizes,likely before most were even born, thats a lot of riding and a lot of Hwys, so "Training wheels" I don't think so.I've paid my dues and have the true stories to prove it. First bike a Honda 90 street bike in 1965 after doing my duty in the Navy.

Some of these young Bucks need to understand Seniors like myself have likely seen more Hwy. than they ever will. We love riding so much the day comes we either make a few changes how and what we ride or have to give it up..and thats not an option.
There, I've always wanted to say that at least once. Ride on, its a great life,same wind in our face.
#13 07-13-2013, 10:41 AM,
Looks very nice.
Life's uncertain, eat dessert first. :D
#14 07-13-2013, 06:05 PM,
In my opinion the SEI is one of the prettiest Gold Wings ever built and your bike is an excellent example of just how truly nice these bikes are. To me, the only possible thing that you could do to make it look better is to paint it yellow ;-)

Note: I would appreciate it if you would resize your pictures and repost them on the site. Large pictures on this site make it difficult for members to view them and it uses up valuable resources that need to be paid for if it exceeds prescribed limits. You can use www.Photobucket.com to automatically make those pictures fit our site better or you can also use www.picresize.com to resize them manually. Here's the program I use on my computer to resize pics, it does a great job and can do batches: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#15 07-14-2013, 04:18 AM,