Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
GREAT SOURCE FOR STAINLESS BRAKE HOSE
I needed a set of stainless steel brake hoses for a bike I was working on so I looked to Venco Wings but they no longer carry stainless brake hose because that line is being taken over by Randakk but they were in the middle of the product changeover therefore I could not get hoses from Venco Wings nor Randakk's. Hopefully in a few weeks Randakk's will be able to supply the stainless steel brake hose, but, I needed those hoses now so I did some looking from other already known suppliers and they could not accommodate me at this time. After I did some searching I found this outfit http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wezmoto-Standard...20d804b976 in Great Britain and I must say that I am very pleased with their fast delivery, decent price and the fact that they sell an all stainless steel superior product that really impressed me. Stainless steel banjos, stainless steel banjo bolts, copper gaskets all nicely packaged and cut to the precise length needed for the GL1200. I have no problem at all recommending this product and if you order a set I am sure that you will be pleased also. Check out the link.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#1 11-21-2013, 07:23 PM,
Thanks for the second source.
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM,
Great find! Those are on my "To Do" list as upgrades. I did see that the same vendor also stocks the clutch hose.
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#3 11-23-2013, 03:34 AM,
Added bonus to buying motorbike bits from the UK from here in the colonies - no surprise UPS charges!

#4 11-23-2013, 07:43 AM,
(11-23-2013, 07:43 AM)wingandaprayer Wrote: Added bonus to buying motorbike bits from the UK from here in the colonies - no surprise UPS charges!

Sometimes those UPS charges can be shocking and downright atrocious.

#5 11-23-2013, 10:28 AM,
just in case you don't know about these guys, they are another nice source for stainless brake lines.
a friend of mine in Abbotsford bought them and he's very happy with them.
http://www.helperformance.us/motorcycle/...en/gl1200/
Johan
#6 11-28-2013, 12:17 PM,
I'm getting ready to order a set of stainless steel brake and clutch lines and the eBay site for Wezmoto now has a shipping exception to the United States. Weird, wonder what happen that they won't ship to the US? Looks like I'll be going with the HEL lines. And the bonus is they're US built and based.
#7 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM,
I could be wrong here, but, it seems to me that HEL is the one that uses adaptors to make their universal lines work and the fittings are plated metal not stainless steel. Not a big deal, but, you just need to be certain that everything is correctly torqued and not leaking, especially since the front lines are in such a hard to access location. The Wezmoto and several other brands are all one piece cut precisely for our bikes. You might want to do a little more research before you lay your cash down. BTW, I just checked Wezmoto on Ebay and they show no restriction on me shipping to the U.S. Send them a note and confirm the shipping glitch. If needed, you could send me the full payment for your brake hoses and then I could order them from here and have them sent to your place.

#8 01-24-2014, 05:17 PM,
Thanks Vic for the offer to help. I'm kinda iffy about putting somebody in the position if I had issues with a product they would have to be the go between. And then of course the added cost of reshipping. I'll call HEL before I order and confirm they supply direct fit or universal lines. From the HEL page for the GL1200 this is part of their description/claim:

"Each HEL Performance brake line kit is assembled in-house from the finest quality stainless steel fittings swaged directly to hard drawn tensile stainless steel braided hose.
With our extensive motorcycle listings the complete kit will be manufactured to exact specifications, guaranteeing the look, the quality and the performance you demand.
Don't risk using inferior brake lines when you can trust us to improve braking reliability and performance - We use stainless steel in our lines and our fittings. Most competitors use zinc plated fittings which are at risk from corrosion."

Includes:
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Stainless Steel Banjo Bolts
Copper Crush Washers
Fitting Guide
Personal Lifetime Warranty Number

And here's the cut and paste from Wezmoto's page on their shipping policy:

Shipping:
Does not ship to United States | See details

Item location:
Exeter, United Kingdom

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions
#9 01-25-2014, 03:28 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stainless brake & clutch Lines SIR tricky 55 19,093 03-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Last Post: glkm
  Hose to rear brake reservoir jcmaun 4 1,918 07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Last Post: admin
  braided stainless steel brake hoses 19 5,352 03-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Last Post: bluewing
  front brake hose replacement 7 2,481 10-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Guest
  STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE HOSES, GREAT PRICE admin 4 2,044 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SIR tricky
  Braided stainless steel brake line questions 10 5,404 10-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SIR tricky
  Stainless Steel Lines for foot-activated brake Robbin 11 4,698 03-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Last Post: admin