Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back-Off Brake Module
Hello to all,

1984 GL1200 Interstate
We were getting better weather up here in Michigan, should be riding in a couple weeks.
I would like to install a “Back-Off” module for my brake lights. The Module has a red wire in and a red/white wire out. The directions say to splice into the brake wire, trouble is which wire. I have the wiring diagram, but I’m a Mechanical guy not an Electrical guy.

Any help is appreciated!

Ride Safe,
Goodoni
#1 03-05-2016, 08:56 AM,
Tricky or glhonda should be along in a few minutes with better help than I can give, but in the mean time.... It should be east to determine which wire is the brake light wire using a test light that you can use to gently probe into the wire at the light socket to determine which is the brake light when you engage the brake pedal/lever....
1985 Limited Edition
#2 03-05-2016, 09:14 AM,
Honda (for the most part) uses a standard color code for each function. For brake lights it is a green wire with a yellow stripe.
[Image: Honda%20Wire%20Color%20Key.jpg]

As I understand it, the green/yellow wire has to be cut. The red wire is connected to the voltage side and the red/white is connected to the wire that goes to the brake lights.
Ron
#3 03-05-2016, 09:38 AM,
(03-05-2016, 09:14 AM)roscoepc Wrote: Tricky or glhonda should be along in a few minutes with better help than I can give, but in the mean time.... It should be east to determine which wire is the brake light wire using a test light that you can use to gently probe into the wire at the light socket to determine which is the brake light when you engage the brake pedal/lever....

roscoepc, Thanks fir the reply - easier than i thought.

Thanks again,
Bodag

(03-05-2016, 09:38 AM)roncar Wrote: Honda (for the most part) uses a standard color code for each function. For brake lights it is a green wire with a yellow stripe.
[Image: Honda%20Wire%20Color%20Key.jpg]

As I understand it, the green/yellow wire has to be cut. The red wire is connected to the voltage side and the red/white is connected to the wire that goes to the brake lights.

Ron,

Thanks, it's muck easier to cut wire when it confirmed.
Noe I just need it to stop snowing.

Thanks again,
Bodag
#4 03-05-2016, 11:10 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bac-Off Module neoracer 7 3,002 06-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Last Post: staijo