Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12 volt installation and horn button- need one.
Want to say hi to you folks on the site. Looking forward to learning from the vast knowledge here. My first post.

Interested in installing a 12 volt power receptacle. What is the best wires or connections?

Found this site looking for a horn button also. I see they were reproduced at one point. Anyone have one or info to find one?

Thanks,

Mark

I have a 1985 Aspencade
Quote this message in a reply
#1 10-01-2017, 02:54 PM
For taking power use the ACC screws on the fuse box they are fused.

If you need higher than the fused capacity of those screws then use the screws to provide power to a relay and power the relay from the battery.
Remember the output of the alternator is not sufficient for providing high power, you will flatten the battery.

An Ipod or such would be ok but anything else I would install the poorboy kit.

Cant help with the horn button

The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 10-02-2017, 07:49 PM
(10-02-2017 07:49 PM)SIR tricky Wrote:  For taking power use the ACC screws on the fuse box they are fused.

If you need higher than the fused capacity of those screws then use the screws to provide power to a relay and power the relay from the battery.
Remember the output of the alternator is not sufficient for providing high power, you will flatten the battery.

An Ipod or such would be ok but anything else I would install the poorboy kit.

Cant help with the horn button

Thank you for the info. That should work as it’s just for the phone if I would be in need. Charging.

Thanks again!

Mark
#3 10-03-2017, 12:30 PM