Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gaping hole
Hi All

New to the forum...and thank you for the resource.

Just bought a 1987 Interstate with 30,000 miles. Mechanically, it appears to be in very good condition. The previous owner, however, apparently liked cutting into the plastic fairing. I can fix most of the hack jobs but not sure what to do with the gaping where a radio/cb resided.

He installed a "Concept" radio (never heard of them) by enlarging the hole in the fairing. He then 'glued' the surround of the radio onto the top of the fairing. When I pulled the radio, I didn't notice the hack job and ordered an OEM cover. It arrived in the mail today and...bummer, not even a close fit.

It looks like that center portion of the fairing that houses the radio, speedo and tach is a separate piece. But I have no faith that I'll find it on eBay (since I've been looking for a handlebar cover too).

Outside of finding and purchasing that part of the fairing, any suggestions on how to fix the gaping hole?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
#1 11-09-2017, 12:01 PM
When fixing the plastic parts you can find black ABS cement at Home Depot in the US
but might be easier buying this
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1984-1986-HONDA-...ca&vxp=mtr

The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

Quote this message in a reply
#2 11-09-2017, 11:06 PM