Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CB noise
HI!!
I really like this form, lots of good info.
The problem that I am having is at start-up and from any where from 1hour to 2 hours my CB just squeals, in both TX or RX, then in time the squeals stops and the CB works great. I have cleaned and lubed the connections and resoldered most of the joints in the CB. Any help????

thanks
#1 08-13-2007, 06:42 PM,
I'm only guessing that perhaps when the alternator is recharging the battery after a startup it's possibly creating a lot of interference on the CB. You might want to ask a radio shop where a filter might be installed to reduced this type of noise.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 08-19-2007, 10:46 AM,
yeah, that's going to be a hard one to diagnose long distance. you're on the right track by first checking all connections, including the antenna. after that... time for the shop. :wink:
John McFarland
Chapter Director
GWRRA FL2-W
member 367388
#3 08-19-2007, 11:21 AM,
Does this happen when your using your headset?
Run it for a while without a headset or cable plugged in.

I have had that happen when the grounds on the headset or lead touch.

The headset grounds or negatives on the mike and the ear pieces musnt come in contact with each other.

If you ride without headset connected for for a period of time, if it still happens you can at least rule that out.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 08-19-2007, 04:56 PM,
Thanks guys,
Hey John, your wing looks just like mine!! It might be time for the shop works when it wants to. My push to talk switch is not making contact some times also, wich I could find one on the net , will keep loking, thanks again.
#5 08-24-2007, 05:28 PM,
I have a similar problem with my CB, when I start my bike to go riding I just get a squeal, after I awhile the squeal stops. I found out that there is some interference in my area; I can't use my CB for a 25 km area around my house.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#6 08-24-2007, 06:47 PM,