Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Another new Member from Florida
Welcome floridawing. I am going to venture to say that the color of your bike is not stock because I have not seen another Wing like it before but I could be wrong, although it is a beautiful color. I know that it's a repaint because the bottom edge of your right sidecover is not black. If you look inside the door on your false tank there should be a sticker with some numbers, if you give me the numbers I can tell you what the original color of your bike was.

When you have the trunk painted just bring in one of the existing panels and they will match the new paint to what you have there.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#16 11-13-2007, 10:55 AM,
Thanks Vic, any help would be great. I would really like to find all the background info on her as I can. I will gladly start with the original color. Here is the information on the sticker.

Model GL1200AE
Color YR-123M-U

Thanks again,
Curtis
Everyday is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Curtis

[Image: VisitedStatesMap-copy.jpg]
#17 11-13-2007, 01:18 PM,
Original color was YR123MU Premium beige metallic. So now you know. This was the same color as my Wing before I painted it yellow to make my safety conscious wife happy.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#18 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM,
Thanks for the info Vic, I have a question about the fuel pump, I strted a thread in the carb section. Thanks for any help.
Curtis

#19 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM,
Just wanted to say hey, I am in Winter Haven also. I have a 85 Interstate maybe we can meet sometime.
Rick Ward
#20 06-08-2008, 03:47 PM,
Hi Curtis

I am trying to get a PM to you but it sits in my outbox. Don't know what is wrong.

Can you email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:bobanddeb@tnt21.com">bobanddeb@tnt21.com</a><!-- e --> and I will ask my Florida questions?

Thanks

Bob
floridawing Wrote:Hello Guys and Gals, I just recently found this website and have truly enjoyed it thus far. There is an endless amount of information here. I fell in love with the 1200 Aspencade my senior year in high school (the first year they came out 1984). For the next 20+ years every time I saw one I would ooo and aaa and maybe drool a little bit. That is until a week or so ago. Now I am the proud owner of a 1984 Aspencade and I could not be happier. It is simply everything I thought it would be and more. More as in more work, hahaha. She needs a little TLC and I believe she will be my dream machine.

Not knowing much about the Goldwing mechanically, I did have a shop rebuild and sync the carbs. However after reading all the information here and acquiring a manual, I may have been able to do the job myself. Also have replaced the 30 Amp fuse with a blade type. New fuel pump, filter and plugs and she runs real nice.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself here and say hello. We are new transplants to Central Florida (Winter Haven) From Colorado and looking forward to many fun days riding. Anybody passing through wants to stop for a coffee or soda, let us know. I will get a picture posted either today or tomorrow. Thanks
#21 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM,
Bob, I have sent you a email.

[quote="Hawggy"]Hi Curtis

I am trying to get a PM to you but it sits in my outbox. Don't know what is wrong.

Can you email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:bobanddeb@tnt21.com">bobanddeb@tnt21.com</a><!-- e --> and I will ask my Florida questions?

Thanks

Bob
Curtis

#22 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM,
rward Wrote:Just wanted to say hey, I am in Winter Haven also. I have a 85 Interstate maybe we can meet sometime.
Rick Ward

Rick, Getting together for a ride would be a lot of fun. Let me know what you had in mind as far as dates. Hoping to go to Plant city bike fest The first Saturday in Aug. You can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:clrains@gmail.com">clrains@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Curtis
Curtis

#23 07-10-2008, 01:01 PM,
Let me know if you guys are comming to Plant City.
Traning will keep you alive.
Ride Safe,
Scott
1986 Aspencade SE-I

My Baby http://s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu164/motor22pc/
#24 07-11-2008, 05:59 AM,
howdy ho there,

As you can see I ain't all that far from you, but then on a Wing ain't nowhere really all that far :wink:

There is a very good wrench in Umatilla, George at Vengance Cycle, honest and reasonable, and someone who actually will do the heavy stuff that you can't or don't want to.

If ya get up Gatorville way, give me a shout, we'll go eat some wind.
#25 07-13-2008, 09:18 AM,
Another welcome from BC! Good to have you along Curtis!
For some reason I'm not seeing the pic of your bike.
#26 07-14-2008, 07:24 AM,