Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Help Needed--Update on my Stalling Problem--Still Got It
Sad Sad Sad as everyone probally saw in a earlier post i made i have been having a stalling problem with my wing--will i thought it was vapor lock and felt good with everything and today at work i let it warm up more than normal ro 4 bars--this is the point were the stalling usually happens and sure as can be the same thing again but i was still in the parking lot so this was a good thing.
well when it happened this time the new volt meter i installed let me see a little more what was going on--when first started the volts were normal but after awhile they went sorta crazy--dropping to 10 up to 12 or so then back to normal--checked voltage at battery--12.9 volts--when brakes first applied volt drop to 10 for a split second that back to normal--got it started and it seddled down but the voltage is still a little weird--drove home no problem--radio going-rear lights on--no problems--checked battery again at home and it is at 12.7 volts--after looking at my gauge it looks like the heat warped the needle a little bit--but it is still operating ok i think
do you all think this is a voltage regular problem--seems like it to me or am i wrong Sad Sad Sad
Wyatt from Az.

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp
brave,courageous and bold
long live his fame & long live his glory
and long may his story be told

'84 Aspencade--Pearl Saturn Red
#1 06-10-2008, 04:11 PM,
the more i checked out the volt meter--the heat warped the hand to the left so i was getting a low false reading--but man what is causing my problem--getting really tired of it--on the verge of selling the wing Sad Sad Sad
Wyatt from Az.

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp

#2 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM,
I haven't been folowing your post. One thing I would check if you haven't already is the coil(s). They can short when hot.
“A good traveler has no fixed plans,and is not intent on arriving”~ Lao Tzu ~
[Image: 16hvxut.jpg]
[Image: 15r1pnl.jpg]
In Stable
1985 GL1200 Interstate(RIP)
2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650(Wife's Bike)
#3 06-10-2008, 09:03 PM,
Just had a thought, did you have any of these problems before installing the volt meter? If not, and considering the needle is warped I wonder if the meter is interfering somehow?
#4 06-11-2008, 10:15 PM,
yep still had the problem--was hopeing the meter would tell me more of what was happening Smile
Wyatt from Az.

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp

#5 06-12-2008, 05:24 AM,
When it stalls, have you pulled a plug wire to see if it's getting fire or not? At least this would narrow the problem down to either fuel or ignition.
“A good traveler has no fixed plans,and is not intent on arriving”~ Lao Tzu ~
[Image: 16hvxut.jpg]
[Image: 15r1pnl.jpg]
In Stable
1985 GL1200 Interstate(RIP)
2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650(Wife's Bike)
#6 06-12-2008, 10:51 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stalling/dying issue mtnsurgtech 11 6,775 08-07-2013, 05:58 AM
Last Post: mtnsurgtech
  A starting problem on my friends 1100--input needed yiterp 2 1,143 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bluewing