Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
'85 Ltd Ed weak radio reception
While getting a new Elite III mounted at Mother Honda this morning I had a good chat with the service manager at Atlas Honda in Bristol, Va, and the discussion turned to service bulletins. I inquired about the bulletin concerning the modification on the radio to improve reception and he looked it up and made me a copy!! After I got home though I realised that he'd only copied page 1, and 3, out of 4 pages. The good news is I'm gonna go back and get the rest of the bulletin when I pick up the Condensor Kit! Yes, its still available and the cost is $2.07 at the dealer!! The part # is: 39830-MG9-950.

According to the Shop manual if the modification has been done there will be an X marked on the bottom of the Travel Computer. If the X is not there it's not been done.

I'll scan the pages I've got and edit this post later and add the missing ones when I get them. Stay Tuned!!!! 8) 8)
1985 Limited Edition
#1 09-13-2008, 08:33 AM,
please post the pix. my LTD does not have the "X" as you descibed. but i don't have any problems with reception either. i still get my favorite rock station out here.KLOS is in los angeles and i live over 100
miles away. get it clear.so what does this condesor kit do?
#2 09-25-2008, 10:19 PM,
Good news!!! I finaly got around to installing the capacitor in the travel computer and after reinstalling the unit I tried the radio I now have a MAJOR improvement in reception!!!!! I highly recomend this for any '85 Ltd Ed that has not had the repair done!! The area where the capacitor is soldered is kinda tight but the results are definitly worth the effort!!

I've got the Service bulliten scanned to a PDF file which I'm gonna try to attach, but if I can't just PM me and I'll E-mail it to anyone who wants it!!

Attached Files
.tif   Service Bullentin.TIF (Size: 7.27 MB / Downloads: 173)
1985 Limited Edition
#3 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CB Radio Audio Weak-Low Volume Suddenly neoracer 3 1,652 08-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Last Post: neoracer
  Radio reception 2 1,272 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Last Post: neoracer
  Type III Panasonic radio reception roscoepc 2 1,642 12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Last Post: roscoepc