Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE AFTERMARKET FAN
There was quite a bit of discussion regarding the front mounted aftermarket fan in an earlier post (alternator conversion by sundance) as to whether it would be a problem for clearance, etc. Somebody even said it looked like a wart hanging on the front. :lol:

SO.......................... while I was walking by yesterday I decided to shoot a pic to show how much in the way it is. Can't see it? Confusedhock: You're right. It's totally invisible from the side and does not hit the fender. It's mounted as high up as possible but still covers more of the rad than the stock fan did. Cools great as well. Easy to get to if it needs to be replaced or repaired. I had promised a photo earlier but just got around to getting it done.

Attached Files
.jpg   P9280166.JPG (Size: 148.31 KB / Downloads: 163)
#1 09-30-2008, 11:15 AM,
Hey Sundance,
How you been man? It`s been a long time since I talked to you. Your bike Looks great!
I used your pictures to do my "Poorboy" changeover. I downloaded the whole set, and kept them with me during the whole project. I also used an aftermarket fan(Perma-cool 90128), but I mounted mine inside, just further up, and to the right. The whole project is perfect, keeping cool, and putting out 14.9@ 2300 rpm.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and remind you that if you ever head this way, stop by and see me.
Later,
Overdrive26
Wayne Allen :wink:
If you treat your 1200 right, and trust her, she can and will save your butt from a lot of bad scenes. Just believe in her! Mine has several times.
#2 10-01-2008, 09:40 PM,
nice job. that was my big concerne but you answered that. how much larger is the new fan over stock?
need all the cooling help us desert rats can get.
#3 10-01-2008, 10:05 PM,
The fan is an 8" fan but it has more blades and has a thinner profile so there is very little if any of the shroud to be removed to miss the alternator belt.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 10-02-2008, 05:54 AM,
Hey Overdrive.
Good to hear from you. I appreciate the invite and if you get to Twang Town or close yell and we'll get together for a coffee and ride.

I really like having the fan out front. it's easier to work with and there's room behind the rad if i need to get my pudgy fingers in there for some reason. :roll:

have a good one.
#5 10-02-2008, 10:17 AM,
BTW.... I used the 10" fan.

Here's how it fits on the front.

Attached Files
.jpg   P5310114 copy.jpg (Size: 147.42 KB / Downloads: 96)
.jpg   P5310118 copy.jpg (Size: 166.69 KB / Downloads: 122)
#6 10-02-2008, 10:30 AM,