Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
music in my ears
I have an 86 interstate with an in-dash new cd player and am/fm radio. I would like to know what options are out there so I can listen to those great sounds with my helmet on going down the road. Thanks Les
#1 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM,
There are all sorts of quality earphones you can get : Chatterbox, J & M , and if you are installing them yourself, some helmets are easier to do.

Many manufacturers of Helmets (Nolan, Araii) will sell you a helmet with the phones already installed....

But ...

You did not say if your "New' system used the same 5 prong Honda output jacks , as were on the original.. If you are just after earphones... You can easily fabricate this from jacks at radio shack, and a few feet of wire..

If you want a communication system, you will need to add a few pieces to your system... Chatterbox makes a nice aftermarket comm set add on system... as does J & M.

Whatever you decide to do... can I HIGHLY recommend that the controls for volume, or mute, and channel up/down, and CD advance ALL be on the handlebar, under your left thumb..... You will almost always want to shut the system down , in a traffic emergency when you should also have both hands on the bars..

The best systems can be operated in the dark , by your left thumb, without even looking down.. Check out the CB controls on 1200's, and try to emulate that .

SilverDave
#2 03-29-2007, 10:48 AM,
silverdave thanks for all the info, I'll begin my search. Les
#3 03-30-2007, 10:48 AM,