Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Anyone Doing Carb Conversions Or Anything Else To Your Bike!
Recently on other boards this conversation of Carb Conversions have been brought up with some IN DEPT discussional contraversary :-SS :d !!!!! So I was just wondering :- if anyone has or is doing a conversion!! Since this board in the past has indulged in this :d , I was wondering if anything new might be on the horizon :d !!! I'm still going to put my 32/36 Weber /Holley on \:d/ , I've just been riding :YMHUG: !!!!!!! I also put on an 83 seat and 83 trunk bracket giving some extra room, passenger arm rests and recovered (the best I could) rear trunk pad, third LED blinking brake light when applied, extra mini Led turn lights to front and back, converted what lights I could to LED and also rebuilt rear master cylinder and caliper putting on new pads #-O !!! And I was able to invest in some SS Brake lines :-@ :-@ :-@, also put rear bearings & seals in and last but not least an air horn \:d/ !!!! The air horn saved me the first day I took her out for a ride, some Idiot pulled out in front of me but swerved back in time to the center turn lane :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: !! All most forgot, I rebuilt the tensioners and put on new Gates Belts @-) @-) @-) !!!! All I ( for my winter project) have to do yet is the front brake line replacement, rebuild master cylinder and add my Back rest :-@ :-@ !!! I'm also contemplating converting over to an electric fuel pump, adding a new radio..........Well I don't think I missed anything B-( :YMCOWBOY: !! OK What have you been up TOO!!! Later **== :YMPEACE: 8) Bob
1981 Gl I
#1 09-25-2009, 09:01 PM,
I'm a bit confused by your statement that you plan to convert to an electric fuel pump... I'm pretty sure all GL1200's have electric fuel pumps stock.
Turtle
86 Interstate, ex  police bike
85 LTD, parting out

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#2 09-26-2009, 09:30 AM,
Sounds like you're building a really nice 1100 there Bob. Over this winter I plan on installing new crank bearings in my 1200 so I can put it back in my bike. Right now I'm using my spare engine and compared to the modified engine with the ported heads it's a little sluggish.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#3 09-26-2009, 09:36 AM,
T., I ride an 81Gl-1100, none of the 1100's had electric fuel pumps. I do have a back up fuel pump but would like to convert in time, just to see if I can!! I have put an inline check valve with my OEM pump, so the fuel wont leak into the carb. I can now leave the petcock on, but still have a habit of turning it off at night. I did find an electric fuel pump 2-4.5 with a check valve in it and an antisiphon valve !! Maybe this will be included in my winter project!! 8) Bob
1981 Gl I
#4 09-26-2009, 10:37 AM,
Bob, Where did you find the inline check valve, and where did you mount it?
I still go out to the garage and check to make sure I turned the petcock to off.
And I installed a new pump I got from Crescent Moon in Prescott Valley, Az.

Attached Files
.jpg   GoldWing1.jpg (Size: 58.99 KB / Downloads: 734)
1978 'Wing UnDressed, Progressivily Weber Carbureted.
1976 'Wing undressed doner
#5 09-28-2009, 03:52 PM,
I found mine on the Infamous fleabay, and mounted it on the inline right before the carb!! Bob
1981 Gl I
#6 09-28-2009, 07:13 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  single carbs for conversions on GL1100 4 1,624 05-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Guest
  Conversions to GL1100 Interstate. wellcookedmuppet 6 1,823 04-18-2006, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Guest