Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
hose on intake manifold
I have a hose that is coming from the area of where it appears to be a carb. This hose goes to a stem coming off of the intake manifold on the left side of the bike. The same side as the battery. This hose has a plastic tube which is a T tube that joins in the middle of this hose. It appears to have another connection on the T part of the plastic. Can anyone tell me where it goes to? I see no hose disconnected laying on the top of the engine. I am attaching a picture so you can see what I am talking about. Please Help
The screw is where I think a hose should go, but I can't find any hose that is not connected. The bike is not miss firing because of a hose that is not connected. There might not be anything connected to it. I went to the local dealer and they couldn't tell me anything. Not many work on old bikes....
I figure someone here has replace this hose at some point and you might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you guys can give me...

I does appear confusing so if you want to call me, please do so
[Image: hose.jpg]

Thanks
Tony Cefalu
Metairie Louisiana
#1 10-21-2009, 09:18 AM,
It could be a California model.

There seems to be an exhaust port with a vacuum hose going to it

Attached Files
.jpg   vacuuum calif.jpg (Size: 84.58 KB / Downloads: 219)
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 10-21-2009, 10:03 AM,
Hi Tony~
The tee provides manifold vacuum from the intake runner on #4 to the air cut valve, and the anti-afterburn valve.
If you're not experiencing any driveability problems such as backfire on decel, or roughness in idle, or poor fuel economy, I wouldn't fool with it.
I'm suspecting that either the cut valve or afterburn diaphragm is ruptured and someone has blocked the vacuum supply for driveability concerns, as this would cause a vacuum leak.
It's a problem you can address if and when you decide to overhaul the carbs.
The reason the boys up north don't have any info is because most of the canadian models don't use the afterburn valve and secondary air systems. So why would you need a tee fitting? :lol:
#3 10-21-2009, 04:46 PM,
ok all that must make sense. the bike was back firing when I would shut the throttle down. I changed the hose out and couldn't find any hose that was not connected so I put a screw at the end of the T connector. No more back firing. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what did they do about it? I am going to keep an eye on this part of the bike to see if I start having any problems. .

Thanks
Tony Cefalu
Metairie Louisiana
#4 10-21-2009, 09:37 PM,