Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Gravity Fed
Hey Guy's I still Leaning Toward Fuel starvation! Question Just For Test Run Could I Rig Up A can, say Sit It On Behind me & Run Hose From Can To Carb & Bypass Fuel Pump To see How It Runs? Would That Work Ya Think?
Thanks
After Thought question, On 84 goldwing , with Key Off & You Turn petcock on will Fuel flow?
Thanks again
#1 10-19-2009, 05:55 AM,
Have I stumped The Panel?
#2 10-19-2009, 07:02 PM,
Found Out a Couple Things Today. 1st & Most Important Was Someone Had Vac To Spark advance Hooked Up wrong!
2nd Thing Is some Time Fuel Flows From Petcock & Sometimes Not! Confusedhock:
#3 10-19-2009, 07:13 PM,
Gravity tanks are used almost exclusively by most shops, but generally in conjunction with the fuel pump. I can't speak to the 1200's, but my gl1000 will run with the pump by-passed. The fuel will only gravity flow out of the tank when it's over about 2/3 full. Which is why it uses a fuel pump. If you do decide to try the gravity method, be sure you dissable your electric fuel pump.
#4 10-19-2009, 07:13 PM,
flatwing Wrote:Found Out a Couple Things Today. 1st & Most Important Was Someone Had Vac To Spark advance Hooked Up wrong!

How did they manage that?
#5 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM,
glhonda Wrote:
flatwing Wrote:Found Out a Couple Things Today. 1st & Most Important Was Someone Had Vac To Spark advance Hooked Up wrong!

I'm Not Sure But sure enough did!
As Far As The Gravity Test, I was Only Gonna Try To see If My Pump was starving Carbs.
Just A Short Test.
#6 10-19-2009, 07:36 PM,
flatwing Wrote:
glhonda Wrote:

I'm Not Sure But sure enough did!
As Far As The Gravity Test, I was Only Gonna Try To see If My Pump was starving Carbs.
Just A Short Test.
Why not just pull the pump output hose and lead it into a can then start the engine, anything close to an ounce per minute is sufficient even for when the engine under heavy load.

Ken
#7 10-19-2009, 09:14 PM,
Much Too easy Ken ^Smile^
#8 10-20-2009, 09:12 PM,
flatwing Wrote:Much Too easy Ken ^Smile^
Sometimes the simple solutions elude us.
And before anyone says anything, yes I've gone the Rube Goldberg route many times when the simple solution was staring me in the face. :oops:

Ken
#9 10-20-2009, 10:02 PM,