Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LED Lights Anyone?
L.E.D/ Tech
just rechecked and edited my previous post, you were absolutely right,for some reason even though i had the correct page on my browser for some unknown reason could not copy the correct link to view the page straight up....corrected and edited

yep them marker lites are worthless for a 1157 sub,but they actually work real good as aux turn signals they also worked real well in this application
for lower fork running lites,also have one wired in right below the headlight
[Image: th_FRT-LOWER-RUNNINGLITES.jpg] click pics for larger picture

as for the second lites,the 5W items,besides being too pricey they wouldn't work very good in most of the gw apps,and since mine work fine i am not about to even think of doing a comparison

all i know is that the 20 led tower bulbs i purchased were exceptional and unless someone would give me new ones that prove to be better i will keep what i have,i have tried a couple of the smd style lights and found that they do not work as good as what i have currently installed

i do know that for what i have seen listed that your price for the complete kit is a good value and other members wanting to go led would do well to purchase your kit
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#16 11-28-2009, 11:15 PM,
Hey who knows by spring time ( that's when I'll be ready ) they might have come up with a sixth generation even better HUH. What i am really interested in a good led replacement for the 194s which is most of the added lights on my 84 Aspy.
#17 11-28-2009, 11:30 PM,
If they made replacement bulbs and used the LED that is in my Strion single LED Flashlight we would all be blinded by taillights. Confusedhock: I can shine my 4 d-cell Maglight on something then shine my little Strion LED light in the same place and the LED light is so bright I can't even tell when the Maglight is turned on and off.
“A good traveler has no fixed plans,and is not intent on arriving”~ Lao Tzu ~
[Image: 16hvxut.jpg]
[Image: 15r1pnl.jpg]
In Stable
1985 GL1200 Interstate(RIP)
2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650(Wife's Bike)
#18 11-29-2009, 10:15 AM,
I have had good success with exchanging my incandescent lights for LED's. I put 6 Watt LED 1156's and 9 watt LED 1157's. You can see them. They are twice as bright both day and night. I had to replace the 4-way flasher and signal flasher units with new ones as the flash speed was not correct until I did. And the brake warning light now shows in my dash. I plan to pull the bulb. And the automatic signal shutoff no longer works. But otherwise the move seems worth it because I light up the highway now like a Christmas tree. I have added many more parking type lights to the bike and my calculations tell me I have saved enough wattage to run some heated grips safely on the stator without switching up to the alternator. I recommend going to this site for the bulbs I am using. I am giving you a link here to the red 1157 9Watt bulbs. http://canadiancruisercustomizing.ca/pro...57-led-red
Returning rider after 25 year absence. I bought the Aspencade in Oct. 2011 with 16,000 original miles on it. I have posted pictures at my facebook page www.facebook.com/ray.luff.5
#19 07-19-2014, 09:33 PM,