Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap, Easy, Versatile. Universal, & Looks Good Naked!
Hey! Here's what I did. for less than $20 bucks I put together a pretty good looking and functional exhaust system. IMHO. I picked up two HD mufflers for $15/pair at the local MC swap meet, a piece of scrap tailpipe at Midas Muffler for nothing and two hose clamps. I cut the pipe to fit, tack welded the pipes and hangers then had my nephew finish weld the pipes. I can now install ANY! muffler I want with a 1 3/4" ID opening. I'll let you know how she sounds later. I can now choose the look and sound I want at a price I am comfortable with.
#1 01-07-2010, 09:54 PM,
fysty-1 Wrote:Hey that sounds great! How bout some pics of what you have done? I also have a pair of Ultra glide mufflers that I got given to me by a friend. Won't chane until I need to but would be nice to know "how to". :YMAPPLAUSE: :d :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Aspenaked seems to be having problems attaching his pictures, again. :lol:
No offence meant Aspenaked. :oops:

They're in his album located here.

Ken
#2 01-08-2010, 12:23 AM,
I am interested in what the custom exhaust will do to the bike "tuning". It was my understanding that when you change the exhaust system, you are affecting the airflow through the engine and therefor altering the mixture. That's why carbs need to be rejeted? :-\

I can hardly wait to see the completed project.

Thanks for the whiteboard diagram in your pictures. :d
#3 01-08-2010, 08:17 AM,
Ken . You're the MAN! Certainly nothing but good stuff, Thank you. Let me know how you did that. Anyway, I'll have to see how the motor will react to the different mufflers. I have also planned to use an open K&N air filter to free up the air flow. If a rejet is in order I'll deal with it but I don't really think it will be much of an issue. I hope the diagram makes sense.
#4 01-08-2010, 09:49 PM,
Aspenaked Wrote:Ken . You're the MAN! Certainly nothing but good stuff, Thank you. Let me know how you did that. Anyway, I'll have to see how the motor will react to the different mufflers. I have also planned to use an open K&N air filter to free up the air flow. If a rejet is in order I'll deal with it but I don't really think it will be much of an issue. I hope the diagram makes sense.
The diagram makes perfect sense.
To see how I posted the "here" link just click the quote button on my post to see the code.

Your origanal post had three images since removed and each had an (img) tag but no close image (/img) tag, replace the rounded quotes ( ) with square quotes [ ] .
I just copied the location of one of the images on your origanal post and found your album. :d

Ken
#5 01-08-2010, 10:32 PM,
Well you might not know how to post a pic but you sure know how to build a BIKE!
#6 01-08-2010, 11:30 PM,
Not sure on EFI but carbed models, unless you go straight pipe all the way back you shouldnt notice any difference in mixture unless you go to a high flow air filter system.
You cant put out the exhaust more than you can take in thru the air filter. Even with straights you can lollipop them to get back pressure if you feel you need it.
Jetting nowadays is a fancy word for we want more money lol. That being said if you open up the air boxes and the exhaust so your flowing more air thru the length of the system then you would have to go to bigger jets. :d
Ghost.President: G.M.M.C.C.
Member:Patriot Guard Riders
#7 02-22-2012, 02:13 AM,