Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
belated hello
One thing about riding with a sidecar is you get to hear a lot of stories. Little ole ladies especially like to tell about the boyfriend they rode around with after ww2. I usually offer a ride if I'm not in a hurry.

And i got a dog rides with me pretty often, wears doggles, gets a lot of looks, especially the kids. Smile

So Yeah, It's a fun ride.
#16 02-02-2010, 05:22 PM,
Does it pull or wander and does the sidecar slow the bike quite a bit?
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#17 02-03-2010, 01:41 PM,
admin Wrote:Does it pull or wander and does the sidecar slow the bike quite a bit?

there is a long learning curve to riding a sidecar. Using the sidecar brake prevents any pulling under severe braking. At first it takes a while to learn the proper pressure and set up between the two brake levers. But I have been driving this rig for years. Most of the time I don't use the sidecar brake at all but it does help in fast braking. It will pull to the bike side with just the bike brakes but becomes second nature to compensate.

I'm sure it must slow the bike but it's still plenty fast enough. If I was primarily concerned with speed I'd buy a zoomsplat. The gas mileage is much lower. I only get about 26-28mpg.

cornering is slowed, especially right turns. It can feel like it's drifting in corners. slow in, fast out works best.

You have to steer it instead of leaning through a corner. It feels very strange at first but I'm used to all these differences by now.
#18 02-05-2010, 08:35 AM,
Thaniks for the info. It sounds like pulling a sidecar is really a lot of fun. I've often wondered to myself wether I'd go trike or sidecar if my old body couldn't handle the two wheeler anymore.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#19 02-05-2010, 10:51 AM,