Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Where to start 1985 LTD
BTW thanks for the opnion on oldbikebarn.com Vic, I cought that reply just before I cought amneisa early this week. Weird but I feel like I lost a few days there a while back.
#16 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM,
I checked out yer pic's! Looks good so far!! 8)
1985 Limited Edition
#17 04-20-2010, 10:07 PM,
Thanks for the second set of eyes on it, gonna start the fork seals and brake stuff next, after the tires.....
#18 04-20-2010, 10:12 PM,
Well I have still been plugging along on the fuelie fellas, got my tires mounted today and the timing belts changed out last weekend. I’m still waiting on the parts to rebuild the calipers and master cylinders and the new fuel filter (never did find a crossover filter, paid $47 @ CheapCycleParts.com). I’ve been reading up on a lot of old posts and have gotten so much info I can’t tell you how much help it has been. I haven’t had much need to ask a lot of questions cause they are already here, you just gotta find them. I have been taking a lot of pictures of parts and stuff for ease explaining things to others. So if you need to anybody is welcome to go to my pic page via the link under my signature and use (copy/paste code) the pics as needed to help anyone else see things more clearly. (a picture is worth 1,000 words). Again thanks to all for the great site. I will keep you posted.....
#19 04-28-2010, 08:35 PM,
interesting, I'm guessing yours wasn't the gold one that I pulled up behind about 1 mo ago then. Seems like good price for your rubber parts, I just ordered caliper rebuild kits from Honda - about $5 per seal.
#20 04-30-2010, 02:19 PM,
No it couldn't have been me, this ole girl aint felt a breeze on her windshield for over 15 years now, unless you count when I trailered her to my house some 5 yrs ago. :lol: :lol:

BTW the $47 I quoted eariler was for the fuel filter ONLY....The three sets of brake pads, three caliper rebuild kits, Rear master cylinder kit, air filter, and fork seals was $230 or so.
#21 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM,
So the 85 LTD refresh project is coming along nicely. So far I have

Changed the timing belts
Changed the radiator hoses
Changed the air filter
Changed the fuel filter
Changed the spark plugs
Changed out all fluids, (antifreeze, oil, final drive oil and break fluid)
Changed all of the brake pads (EBC-HH)
Re-built all three brake calipers
Re-built the rear master cylinder
Replaced the front fork seals and dust boots
Put on new SHINKO’s front and back (cleaned and greased final drive)
Installed a new Odyssey dry cell battery
Re-wired front running lights from battery thru a relay and thru a switch
Re-wired the stator wires
Re-wired the starter solenoid wires
Greased everything I could find using molly 60 paste

So I’m still in the process of putting it all back together and I am cleaning her up as I go and I recall a quote from someone saying “ just wait till you can get out the Ol Pledge and really shine her up” did he mean that literally or just a figure of speech. Do you really use Pledge furniture polish on the plastic? I know this sounds like a stupid question but seriously If you guys said to rub her down with jello to really make her shine, I would simply ask “Does the flavor matter?”.

So what is the recommended product for polishing the plastic and the chrome for that matter?
#22 05-13-2010, 01:05 PM,
Pledge (lemon pledge) really works; I always keep a can in by bike, smells good also. ^Smile^
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#23 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM,