Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Sizes
Hi:: Does anyone know what size automobile tires I would need to buy for my 1985 Limited? I put a Voyager Trike Kit on it and want to put flat tread tires on it. It still has the original 16 inch wheel on the front and 15 inch on the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bHerndon:: 1985 Limited Goldwing with Voyager Trike Kit::
Wife :: 1984 Aspencade with Europeon Sidecar ( one of a kind )
#1 06-19-2010, 08:00 AM,
Try sending a PM to fysty-1 she has a voyager kit on her bike.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#2 06-19-2010, 01:27 PM,
bluewing Wrote:Try sending a PM to fysty-1 she has a voyager kit on her bike.
As far as I know Angela is using a motorcycle tyre on the front not a car tyre.
#3 06-19-2010, 01:33 PM,
K Bergen Wrote:
Yes, the front is a M/C tire but the rears are not.
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#4 06-19-2010, 06:04 PM,
bluewing Wrote:
K Bergen Wrote:
Yes, the front is a M/C tire but the rears are not.
The training wheels on the back are car tyres but I'll bet that the drive wheel still has a motorcycle tyre on it. :d
#5 06-19-2010, 06:22 PM,
I believe that Ken is correct. There is no flat profile, (car), tire for the GL1200 that I've heard of...
1985 Limited Edition
#6 06-19-2010, 06:37 PM,
roscoepc Wrote:I believe that Ken is correct. There is no flat profile, (car), tire for the GL1200 that I've heard of...
That's not what i said.
I just said that Angela to the best of my knowledge uses motorcycle tyres other than for the outriggers.
There maybe a wheel /car tyre combination that will work but I'll not do the research. Confusedhock:
#7 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM,
K Bergen Wrote:
roscoepc Wrote:I believe that Ken is correct. There is no flat profile, (car), tire for the GL1200 that I've heard of...
That's not what i said.
I just said that Angela to the best of my knowledge uses motorcycle tyres other than for the outriggers.
There maybe a wheel /car tyre combination that will work but I'll not do the research. Confusedhock:

Ken also said:

Quote:The training wheels on the back are car tyres but I'll bet that the drive wheel still has a motorcycle tyre on it.

I believe that's what I was referring too..
1985 Limited Edition
#8 06-19-2010, 07:18 PM,
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://gl1200goldwings.com/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=3">gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=3</a><!-- l -->
Here is a pic of Angels bike. Angela told me that the front and rear bike tires are the same ones she always had but the outrigger tires are wider. I don't know what size they are but they don't look like bike tires.
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#9 06-19-2010, 08:05 PM,
Thanks everyone for trying: I was told by someone at a bike shop that the 15 inch VW Tires could be used on the back of my bike. I was hoping that someone had some first hand experiance with this topic. If I us a regular bike tire then it will wear the center out very quick because the bike will not be leaning in curves. My wife's 84 Aspencade with the sidecar has flat tread tires on both front and rear but it also has custom wheels on the bike and sidecar that match. It has 15 inch on both front and rear. The rear is a 145JR15 and the front is a 135R15-72S. I was told that these were classic automobile tires. I will keep looking for a solution for the tires and maybe it will help someone else in the future.

#10 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM,