Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Which way is up?
OK, got the cap off the fork tubes and took out the springs. Everything was dandy until I took the other cap off and removed the springs. The first set came out with the tight windings end toward the cap, the second fork tube had the tight windings towards the axle. Which is the correct end for the tighter windings on the spring to face? I looked in my Clymers and also at Tricky's directions, and can't make out anything from them. Any help would be great.

OD.
#1 09-21-2010, 08:52 PM,
Old Dog Wrote:OK, got the cap off the fork tubes and took out the springs. Everything was dandy until I took the other cap off and removed the springs. The first set came out with the tight windings end toward the cap, the second fork tube had the tight windings towards the axle. Which is the correct end for the tighter windings on the spring to face? I looked in my Clymers and also at Tricky's directions, and can't make out anything from them. Any help would be great.

OD.

Ahhh I see now, I only showed which way was down, wasnt certain I needed to show which way was up.... :d :d

Second to last page in the instructions.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 09-22-2010, 05:07 AM,
Upon reading the instructions again, I see the part I needed. Tight coils up, tapered coils down. Don't see how I could have missed that part. :oops: Thanks again ^Smile^

OD
#3 09-22-2010, 09:17 AM,