Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Newbie from Sin City
bluewing Wrote:welcome to the site from Baltimore Ontario.

Thanks bluewing.

Ride Safe

Bruce
#16 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM,
dragon Wrote:~O) Welcome Bruce I will be no help with the compressor, my one 85A stoped working the week before I sold it. if you get this way to Pa. we can help with any roads that you may like. :YMAPPLAUSE:

Thanks, I have just been annil. Eveerything else seems to work fine.

Ride Safe

Bruce
#17 07-26-2010, 08:13 PM,
87GL1200A Wrote:Welcome from New Hampshire!

Regarding your compressor, have you confirmed that the switches are still functional? Inflate/deflate? Power to the compressor circuit?

I have been checking a few things as I go. Right now I have the comressor out of the bike, and I spilled all the dissant(sp). So I am putting the bike back together and will go ahead and ride it as it is. When I have riden in, it was very comfortable. So I beleive,or hope, the shocks are good. Will check the compressor out a little later.

Ride Safe

Bruce
#18 07-26-2010, 08:16 PM,
Greetings from Massachusetts. It might be easier to just install schrader valves front and rear and forgo the on-board compressor. That's what the PO did on my Aspy. Works just fine, I keep a small mountain bike pump with me and pump up the shocks independently. If you want I can post photo's how they are mounted.
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#19 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM,
Roleketu Wrote:Greetings from Massachusetts. It might be easier to just install schrader valves front and rear and forgo the on-board compressor. That's what the PO did on my Aspy. Works just fine, I keep a small mountain bike pump with me and pump up the shocks independently. If you want I can post photo's how they are mounted.

I was wondering if I could do that. You are so right, it would be easier. I have bought a few parts for the compressor, but can resell on E-bay, I suppose. Thanks for that suggestion.
#20 07-27-2010, 02:24 PM,
Welcome from your neighbor in Southern California!
Vegas is our 'Weekend Get Away' spot.

As far as good GL1200 mechanics go, the one in the saddle of your bike has ALL the technical help available RIGHT HERE!

Just ask. :d
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#21 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New owner from Kansas City, Mo mhogue3704 7 1,541 09-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Sgt Dave