Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Knocking
that's definitely a collapsed lifter,i think i'd definitely go for an 8oz seafoam treatment in the oil for about a half hour to see if that will clear up the problem before you yank the valve cover,course if your mechanic is well versed in the operation that's another thing,its just another drain on your wallet,i hope that bike was a steal because it sounds like its quickly becoming a liability,especially if you always have to have someone else work on it

years ago at a job,one of the guys bought a CB350 to ride to work to save money,after about a year of riding in the freezin rain and everything else he finally realized that he'd have been better buying a beater,he couldn't even adjust a chain but he was good friends at the Honda dealer

i hope after this your bike becomes a dependable cruiser
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#16 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM,
well the 2 intake lifters were collapsed get that fixed but still knocked head removed there is 1/2 inch slop in the number 2 piston the PO lied to me anyone have an engine that runs for sale??? :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#17 02-17-2011, 10:44 AM,
ouch,i hope they had it advertised on ebay or craiglist with a description regarding not mentioning this problem,because i'd be taking some kind of action

was this another forums member or what because i'd be thinking about making a negative post,if it was an ebay purchase please advise us the sellers name so us forum members can steer clear of him

even better hope it was a credit card purchase

sorry this aint working out as planned :-W :-W :-W :-W :-W
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#18 02-17-2011, 10:51 AM,
craigslist
[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#19 02-17-2011, 02:39 PM,