Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
length of footpeg mounting stud on left side
Does anyone know what the length of the footpeg mounting stud is on the left side? I currently have floorboards, and would like to switch to pegs. I have found posts from a couple of others who tried to do this, and found that whoever installed the floorboards cut the stud down too short to install the left peg. Also, (being new to the Goldwing) I believe this stud is located on the section of the frame that can be removed to get the engine out. Is that correct? Thanks, Jerry.
#1 06-24-2011, 09:57 PM,
The foot peg stud is 1 1/4". Poorboy
#2 06-25-2011, 07:42 AM,
Poorboy Wrote:The foot peg stud is 1 1/4". Poorboy

Thank you. Turns out mine has not been cut down, and I have already ordered stock pegs and a stock brake pedal. Can't wait to get rid of those floorboards so I can ride it like a regular bike. Jerry.
#3 06-25-2011, 06:15 PM,
hey Jerry, what kind of floor boards did you remove from your bike and what are you planning on doing with them?
Johan
#4 06-26-2011, 12:26 AM,
firstwing85 Wrote:hey Jerry, what kind of floor boards did you remove from your bike and what are you planning on doing with them?

The boards are a total mystery. When I bought the bike about a month ago, it had both riders and passenger floorboards on it, and both a heel and toe shifter AND a heel and toe brake pedal. Now, I've seen a lot of heel and toe shifters before, but never a heel and toe brake pedal. Both the rider and passenger floorboards match, and the oem parts fiche on cheapcycleparts.com shows both passenger pegs and boards as oem parts. It only shows pegs for the front. The thing is, both front and rear boards match perfectly, and neither has any kind of name or number on them. So I figure the front boards and pedals may be Hondaline, though I can't find anything that shows that Honda ever made front boards and heel and toe controls. The are obviously old, were probably put on when bike was new. They are also very well made, the boards are aluminum, the rubber inserts are near perfect, the controls are steel.

I will be keeping the rear boards, I don't have pegs for the rear, and for a passenger the boards are probably better anyway. I don't yet know what I will be doing with the front boards/controls, other than they will not be going back on the bike. There is a problem though. Before I found out they could be replaced with pegs and standard controls, my foot kept getting caught in the rear brake pedal, and I thought that was dangerous. So I took an angle grinder, and cut the heel pad off, which made the brake pedal much easier to use. I still have both parts, and it could be welded back together if it were that important. Will let you know, if I get rid of them, you can have them for shipping only. Will post pictures later. Jerry.
#5 06-26-2011, 05:17 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  left side engine guard mtnsurgtech 4 2,921 02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bs175dths
  Sheared lower radiator mounting stud ember1205 3 2,302 06-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Last Post: ember1205