Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hello from Springfield Mo.
Just found the site! I am the proud owner of a 86 interstate. :YMAPPLAUSE: Once I get the fuel pump and starter replaced I am off and riding \:d/ As a new wing owner I am looking forward to learning this machine! I been riding motorcycles for over 40 years and have owned over twenty of them. Thanks for reading ACE
LOVE TO RIDE FORCED TO WORK
#1 07-24-2011, 03:31 PM,
Welcome aboard, Ace. I'm sure you're experience will be of benefit to many members here!
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#2 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM,
Thanks for the welcome! As a new wing owner I am afraid I have more questions than answers. My other scooters were not near as complex as the goldwing but as I have aged I found the COMFORT of the ride is worth the headaches of leaning my around this machine. I'm a simple ol' shade tree mechanic that has gained most of my knowledge by trial and error :lol:
#3 07-24-2011, 06:47 PM,
Welcome from Anaheim Ca. Home to Walt Disney's original theme park.
You'll find out what you need know, here.

When you get going again head on down to Lambert's for some throwedrolls and fried okra. :YMPEACE:
#4 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM,
welcome to the forum from mid md/pa area

feel free to ask questions and browse the indexes for past posts,most of us here didn't have a clue on how to manage the complex systems on the wings before buying one,and after 6+ years of ownership still find things i didn't know everyday week
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#5 07-24-2011, 09:48 PM,
Welcome to the site from Baltimore Canada. This is a great site and the members will help with any questions. Its a good idea to read all the posts you can and use the search tool and tech center as well.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#6 07-25-2011, 03:49 AM,
welcome ACE from Lamar Mo. you get her up we will need to get together for a coffee or what not Smile ill help with anything i can if I cant there are some great people here that will help. I didnt know anything about my 85 Aspencade till I got her this year but these folks are real helpful!
[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#7 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM,
Siberiancat Wrote:welcome ACE from Lamar Mo. you get her up we will need to get together for a coffee or what not Smile ill help with anything i can if I cant there are some great people here that will help. I didnt know anything about my 85 Aspencade till I got her this year but these folks are real helpful!

If this starter replacement dont work then I will take you up on that offer. The coffee offer is a great Idea. I have a motorcycle website for Sw. Missouri riders we are a bunch of guys and gals that love to ride but are forced to work! I wont post the site address here unless it's ok with the admin. If you like I will pm you my phone number and we can work out a time to meet. ACE aka John
#8 07-25-2011, 05:38 PM,
Hello Ace and welcome from Georgia. If your questions about your 1200 can't be answered here, there is no answer :lol:

Plenty of good folks more than wlling to help out. Good luck getting your Wing back on the road.
Remember, No matter where you go...There you are!

Here is where I have ridden my 1984 GL1200I
I completed the lower 48 states in August 2009, riding the whole way with my Dad

[Image: VisitedStatesMap-1.jpg]
#9 07-25-2011, 10:06 PM,
hello from north central Ohio.... :lol:
#10 07-26-2011, 05:41 AM,
Welcome to the forum from Southwest Arkansas. I have received a lot of help from this site on restoring my two 1200's and I am sure you will too.
Bryce
85 Interstate Wineberry Red
86 Interstate Denuim Blue Metalic
#11 07-26-2011, 08:54 PM,
Well Friday am the starter replacement takes place. Crossing my fingers this works. I NEED TO RIDE!!!!!! My sanity requires it
#12 07-27-2011, 04:23 PM,
my starter went out on me the same way as yours, drove me nuts it was a new starter less then 800 miles on it. a little investigation i found that the positive wire where in entered the housing was rubbing the armature and shorting it out the place i bought it from replaced it for me and no problems with it. this site is great alot of helpful people here.
[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#13 07-28-2011, 03:06 AM,