Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
DIN PLUGS to headsets
Hi, Ive recently been messing with my LTD's sound system.

I intend to listen to the radio and use the intercom.

I am getting confused regarding exactly where I plug the helmets into.

There are two plugs coming out of the left hand fairing - they are attached to the auto volume controller and it tells you which is the drivers and which is the passengers. The passenger one is connected to a long cable that goes to the rear of the bike. The driver one is sitting under the shelter.

The Left Armrest Pocket has a fitting on the bottom with a DIN lead coming out that attaches to the long cable. This fitting has two rubber covered din sockets one market HS and the other PC.

Here is where I am confused - I imagined the driver would connect to the DIN socket under the shelter and that the passenger would connect to one of the rubber covered sockets under the Armrest pocket - that leaves one of the rubber covered sockets on the Armrest pocket unused.

Can someone set me straight as to where each helmet should connect and explain why the armrest pocket fitting has two DIN sockets rather than just the one which I was expecting?
#1 11-28-2011, 06:34 AM,
These cables when properly routed should be coming out of a hole on the inner left side of the fairing where the antenna cable goes in.

If you remove the pocket and trace the cables back you should see a headset junction box the cables from there are to the driver and passenger.

They are the ones that are used for the intercom.

To add to the confusion Smile there is a cable coming from the radio that isnt usually used, this CAN be used for listening to the radio ( without intercom) possibly that is your other cable
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 11-28-2011, 07:42 AM,