Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hi from Nr Liverpool UK
[Image: 100_0910.jpg] Hi all ,just got my first wing in 20yrs 84 Aspencade in fairly good condition, not even ridden it yet but making plans for trailer and louder exhausts as the original is very rusty. Not sure if I've posted the pic correctly but will try again if it hasn't loaded.
Cheers...Charlie
The lady walking ahead of me sped up so I did too, she began running so I ran too, she screamed so I screamed as well. I never even saw what we were running from.
#1 12-19-2011, 01:10 AM,
welcome from West Coast Canada,
looks like a beautiful bike.
I put a Mac Exhaust on my bike and it's only a bit louder then the original..
Johan
#2 12-19-2011, 01:47 AM,
Welcome from Michigan, USA....

Nice Bike.... :d
Ride to Live... Live to Ride....
#3 12-19-2011, 04:09 AM,
If you need to replace the exhaust buy this Motad Stainless Steel exhaust which is brand new and a very cheap £319.99 it is ideal for the UK it will not rust and you can polish it for ever.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motad-Honda-Goldwing-GL1200-Stainless-Steel-Full-System-Replica-Road-4-2-/180761114862?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a1633b8ee">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motad-Honda-G ... 2a1633b8ee</a><!-- m -->

I've got one on my LTD - Motad are a very reputable exhaust builder - the quality is excellent.

I see your keeping your Aspy in the conservatory next to a hot water radiator - can I swap you wives? mine would kill me
#4 12-19-2011, 04:22 AM,
Nice looking bike, great color. Welcome from Baltimore Ontario Canada.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#5 12-19-2011, 05:02 AM,
Thanks, the colour is Ford Azure Blue resprayed by the last owner. I've seen the Motad on ebay, its a good price but I had a total budget of £1500 and spent £1400 on the bike so its going to be fixing the old one up or adapting some cheap silencers to look and sound good. The conservatory its in is my building at the end of the garden, it had a swimming pool in it for the kids, then it was a greenhouse last year and now its the Goldwings residence...and mine occasionally Tongue
Cheers...Charlie
The lady walking ahead of me sped up so I did too, she began running so I ran too, she screamed so I screamed as well. I never even saw what we were running from.
#6 12-19-2011, 06:12 AM,
Hello and welcome to the site from Georgia, just north of Atlanta.
Remember, No matter where you go...There you are!

Here is where I have ridden my 1984 GL1200I
I completed the lower 48 states in August 2009, riding the whole way with my Dad

[Image: VisitedStatesMap-1.jpg]
#7 12-19-2011, 07:31 AM,
Welcome from Michigan, and WOW, nice bike
#8 12-19-2011, 02:37 PM,
I sure miss those Liverbirds. Knew a couple of good friends from Liverpool and Runcorn back in the 80's, those girls were lots of fun to be around. Especially for a lad from Dartmoor thumbing his way up north for the weekend!
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#9 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM,
WELCOME! from Missouri.

Beautiful Wing.

Wish I could keep my bike in the parlour. :d
[Image: Akriti2450x338.jpg]

" ... If you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
#10 12-19-2011, 05:13 PM,
I just noticed the license plate on your new bike, can't make out the top half but it looks like it is going to be referred to as 'the tank'.
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#11 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM,
A Grrrrrrreat Big welcome Bob, to this great site from Canada's west coast. There is a huge wealth of information, so don't be afraid to ask questions or contribute your experiences. Pull up a chair & enjoy. Don't know what it is but I just love your bike. Oh wait it's the color. :-J :-J :-J :-J Enjoy Bob. Angela

Attached Files
.jpg   's Baby 1.jpg (Size: 235.28 KB / Downloads: 286)
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#12 12-19-2011, 09:47 PM,
I thought that with the reg plate too, it spent its first ten years in California then got a Uk age related "A" plate so its definately A TANK. Wasn't convinced on the colour at first but I really like it now, I had Ford Capri (UK poor mans Mustang) resprayed the same. PS I'm Spongebob on a couple of forums but my names Charlie although I'm more than happy to answer to Bob...or anything else for that matter :lol:
Cheers...Charlie
#13 12-20-2011, 01:08 AM,
Just got insurance and taken "the tank" out for my first ride. First impression was something badly wrong with the front end, falling into corners and following lines in the road, oh dear!. Stopped at my mates garage and he added 26psi to the 10psi in the front tyre and it now rides lovely. The only faults I noticed were the starter only just turned when hot, so that will be the well documented recon fix hopefully. Also the temp guage soon went to at least 3/4 way up and the fan was on when I stopped,its just above freezing here so I'll have to check that out, its had a new water pump fitted and been serviced. All in all looking good with a couple of minor bits to sort. Love the ride.
Cheers...Charlie
#14 12-20-2011, 05:07 AM,