Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
just bought a 1985 LTD and love it
hello Dave here (another one)new to this forum and happy to have found it,LTDS must common with Daves,ha, I do have a question to start with about when the bike is at an idle, it seems to have some chatter from the transmission,in netural,pulling in the clutch seems to reduce the sound?she runs smooth on the highway, , it has 90,000kms,I do not know any other goldwing owners at present, first bike in 25 yrs, should i have it checked out, or is this a normal sound at idle,thank-you kindly Dave
#1 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM,
Welcome to the site Dave!! I can't help you with your question, but I am sure someone will come along shortly that knows a lot more than me... shouldn't be long. Be sure to fill out your profile and by all means, post a picture of your bike so we can all admire it!!
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
[Image: blue1200.gif]
"I ride too far, too fast, too often to own a Harley!"
#2 06-28-2007, 08:39 PM,
Welcome Dave,

I am another Dave that just bought an 85 LTD, Big Grin and I love it also, Big Grin it has been my dream bike since it was built, I can't believe I own one now. Big Grin Big Grin

My bike does not seem to have a noise from the tran in neutral, no differance when I pull clutch, so my guess would be to have it checked, I don't think the tran is anything special to the LTD but I could be wrong.

I have a slightly rough idle that I hope to smooth out when I do a full tune up. my ride has 57000 miles, the PO took extreamly good care of it, so he must have been proud of it also.

I have found a lot of info on the web about the LTD, including the special supplement for it. If I can help let me know
Dave R
Patriot Guard Rider
Previous bikes[/size]
CT 90--- 1960 125 Benly (Honda)--- Insane minibike with 125 Honda motor--- 1982 CB 650
current bikes
1987 CN 250 Helix--- 1985 GL1200 LTD
#3 07-06-2007, 10:21 PM,
Welcome aboard, Dave. How's the Stampede goin'?
#4 07-07-2007, 07:32 AM,
hi Dave,, ive been searching around the net for info on this noise,, found info on steve sanduers goldwing pages,seems like its the primary chain that is making this rattle sound,not much can be done about it, apparently from what ive read many bikes make this noise so im not to worried about it now,, the bike runs real smooth once moving,i may try a heavier oil as the previous owner swithched the bike over to synthics other than that no complaints,what products are you referring to?,and yes the calgary stampede is on now in full swing, the citys crazier than normal for the next ten days,,i"ll be out in the mountians for most of it, riding,,,
#5 07-07-2007, 03:19 PM,
Welcome Dave from Ontario, enjoy the site, its a good one.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#6 07-11-2007, 09:08 PM,