Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Engine side panels
Unfortunately someone needed my left side engine panel more than I did and stole it off my 1200 Interstate. Does anyone have one they would like to sell?? To buy a new set is very expensive. If not does some one have a chrome set for sale?? If so I need some installation instructions as well. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely, Ray
#1 01-02-2013, 03:31 AM,
When you say Engine panel, Ray, to what are you referring?
Do you mean the cover over the battery compartment?
#2 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM,
Assuming they are chrome, I think he means the engine covers.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 01-02-2013, 11:21 AM,
(01-02-2013, 11:21 AM)tricky Wrote: Assuming they are chrome, I think he means the engine covers.

The engine panels were made out of abs plastic the manufacture of them was Markland. Aftermarket of course. I have found some chrome covers used but would prefer to get the one that was on there. Very rare item.

They are not the battery covers, they are covers that mount forward of those.
#4 01-03-2013, 02:43 AM,
Ray, if you look on eBay, there are quite a few side covers available. Most are the right side but there are a few battery side. I even saw a few sets (both) for under 100.00
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#5 01-03-2013, 03:49 AM,
what he is looking for is engine side covers

[Image: th_MVC-111F.jpg]

seldom found, most likely not until riding season opens up again
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#6 01-03-2013, 04:10 AM,
(01-02-2013, 03:31 AM)Ray Wrote: Unfortunately someone needed my left side engine panel more than I did and stole it off my 1200 Interstate. Does anyone have one they would like to sell?? To buy a new set is very expensive. If not does some one have a chrome set for sale?? If so I need some installation instructions as well. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely, Ray

Ray I have both sides but they are not the same color. One of them has the mounting brackets & the other doesn't but your brackets should still be there. If you send me a PM with your full mailing address, i will send you the left side & if I can find the right brackets, I will send them down to you for free but you will have to wait until the end of Jan before I can get the money to ship. As far as the instructions to install is concerned just PM Bluewing or Neoracer as I believe they both have the Markland covers & I know that Lane or Earl will be glad to explain to you how to. Cherers Angela
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#7 01-03-2013, 06:25 AM,
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set of those... It would be easy to make a vacuum mold to reproduce them
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#8 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM,
As Neo Racer said they are the Side engine covers, and it is duly noted now I will tether them both. The way it was fastened I am absolutely sure it did not just fall off. It is funny how many people are missing the left side and what a small amount of available panels out there. Ty all for the renewed faith in humanity, the bike is my only transport right now and it is a serious eye sore with the missing panel!

(01-03-2013, 06:25 AM)fysty-1 Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 03:31 AM)Ray Wrote: Unfortunately someone needed my left side engine panel more than I did and stole it off my 1200 Interstate. Does anyone have one they would like to sell?? To buy a new set is very expensive. If not does some one have a chrome set for sale?? If so I need some installation instructions as well. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely, Ray

Ray I have both sides but they are not the same color. One of them has the mounting brackets & the other doesn't but your brackets should still be there. If you send me a PM with your full mailing address, i will send you the left side & if I can find the right brackets, I will send them down to you for free but you will have to wait until the end of Jan before I can get the money to ship. As far as the instructions to install is concerned just PM Bluewing or Neoracer as I believe they both have the Markland covers & I know that Lane or Earl will be glad to explain to you how to. Cherers Angela

Ty Angela,
I sent a PM.

(01-03-2013, 02:37 PM)wildhorse Wrote: I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set of those... It would be easy to make a vacuum mold to reproduce them

You would make a lot of money, they are very very rare!!!!
#9 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM,
(01-03-2013, 02:39 PM)Ray Wrote: As Neo Racer said they are the Side engine covers, and it is duly noted now I will tether them both. The way it was fastened I am absolutely sure it did not just fall off. It is funny how many people are missing the left side and what a small amount of available panels out there. Ty all for the renewed faith in humanity, the bike is my only transport right now and it is a serious eye sore with the missing panel!

Sincerely, Ray

Ty Angela,
I sent a PM.

(01-03-2013, 02:37 PM)wildhorse Wrote: I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a set of those... It would be easy to make a vacuum mold to reproduce them

There is somebody out there on one of the forums & I think he is a memeber here but I am so sorry that I do not remember his name. I think he sells them on Ebay for somewhere about 250 per but not sure if thatis each or a pair. there is no brackets included. The ones from markland have a 1/4 turn screw @ the bottom & a bracket on the top that slides over a bar that is bolted near the carbs. If these are mounted as per instructions from Markland CANNOT just fall of they have to be physically removed. But some type of keeper that could be locked to the frame would be a good idea. This is the one I am giving Ray. Cheers Angela

.jpg   5620_140505_080000000.jpg (Size: 4.74 KB / Downloads: 18)
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#10 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM,
(01-07-2013, 06:35 PM)fysty-1 Wrote:
(01-03-2013, 02:39 PM)Ray Wrote: As Neo Racer said they are the Side engine covers, and it is duly noted now I will tether them both. The way it was fastened I am absolutely sure it did not just fall off. It is funny how many people are missing the left side and what a small amount of available panels out there. Ty all for the renewed faith in humanity, the bike is my only transport right now and it is a serious eye sore with the missing panel!

Sincerely, Ray

Ty Angela,
I sent a PM.

There is somebody out there on one of the forums & I think he is a memeber here but I am so sorry that I do not remember his name. I think he sells them on Ebay for somewhere about 250 per but not sure if thatis each or a pair. there is no brackets included. The ones from markland have a 1/4 turn screw @ the bottom & a bracket on the top that slides over a bar that is bolted near the carbs. If these are mounted as per instructions from Markland CANNOT just fall of they have to be physically removed. But some type of keeper that could be locked to the frame would be a good idea. This is the one I am giving Ray. Cheers Angela

I bought some off of oldman here on the forum.
Phil
85 GL1200I
#11 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  left side engine guard mtnsurgtech 4 2,923 02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bs175dths
  About the side engine covers (called heads?) William_86 7 2,844 11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Last Post: SIR tricky