Poll: Which Forward lighting do you feel increases cager awareness of you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Stock Headlight
9.52%
2 9.52%
Stock Headlight with Modulator
14.29%
3 14.29%
Modulated Headlight with Auxiliary Lights
14.29%
3 14.29%
HID Upgraded Headlight
14.29%
3 14.29%
HID Upgraded Headlight with Auxiliary lighting below
47.62%
10 47.62%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Opinion: Increasing Visibility so the cager sees you
being visible to on coming traffic is easy..... assume they don't see you and take the necessary action, flash headlight, slow down, a blast of the horn
being visible to traffic coming up behind you is easy..... assume they don't see you gently ride from one side of your lane to the other when on a highway; pulsate your brake light in a non repetitious manner. leaving your bike in gear in case they don't stop in time when on surface streets
being visible to the car next to you at night is easy....... assume they don't see you and install some kind of side marker light in place of the reflector on the fairing. That reflector will only work if the car is pointed in your direction, not if it is next to you changing lanes!!! I installed a pair of factory side lights from the Limited or SEI (I forget which bike came with it)

I can tell you for a fact, the modulating headlight has made many a driver notice me and NOT pull into my path, the lite side markers has saved me at least 4X and the pulsating brake light (I do that with the brake lever) has actually made some drivers change lanes, but ALL have noticed me and stooped well behind me.

Assume they don't see you and take the necessary action is the best advice I can give when asked, how do you make yourself visible.
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#4 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion: Increasing Visibility so the cager sees you - by bs175dths - 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM