GL1200 GOLDWINGS
ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - Printable Version

+- GL1200 GOLDWINGS (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200)
+-- Forum: TECH CENTER (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: IF YOU JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT FORUM IT BELONGS IN (http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET (/showthread.php?tid=8398)

Pages: 1 2 3

ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - Granpah - 06-11-2011

An unusual story in the June 11th Washington-Post tells of a motorcyclist who pulls off the highway and proceeded to use his helmet for smashing the car's window of a Honda car driver who also pulled off the highway.

The story, "Cyclist smashes car window with helmet on Virginia highway" begins: " A motorcyclist took off his helmet and banged it against a car window until the glass broke in an incident on a Northern Virginia interstate Friday that state police described as road rage. ..." Confusedhock: :-SS B-(

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - bluewing - 06-11-2011

I have felt like it before but I have never really done it. :lol: :lol:

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - neoracer - 06-12-2011

more than once

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - admin - 06-12-2011

That almost seems like prejudice against bikers. The biker actually should have been given an award for finally getting "through" to a thoughtless cager. :lol:

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - 85GL1200I - 06-12-2011

I've had visions of yanking a driver out through the window in a fit of rage.

Fortunately, it has not happened so far. :evil:

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - Guest - 06-12-2011

Sounds like biker was going too fast in stop and go traffic. Tailgating goes both ways. I ave rider friends that like to ride on bumpers. Really dumb move.

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - bluewing - 06-12-2011

More likely the cager didn't see the biker and cut him off.

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - Granpah - 06-12-2011

bluewing Wrote:More likely the cager didn't see the biker and cut him off.

My guess/interpretation was: Honda cager suddenly stopped, biker swerved around car on right side to avoid collision, cager DID see biker making his moves and swerved right to block the bike ... causing the biker to clip the car's right side mirror, BOTH cager and biker moved off to the highway shoulder to settle the collision, by then biker had enough of cager's malicious antics and reacted violently by smashing the cager's window. Otherwise, had the biker been the malicious one, after hitting the cager's mirror he would have continued lane splitting to get away from there ... and be home by the time the cager knew what happened. Also, by smacking the cager's window (instead of smacking the cager) the biker did not commite assault and he got some payback for all the trouble the cager had produced for him. That's my take.

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - admin - 06-12-2011

All bikers should have a helmet camera running at all times on the road just for instances like this. But then, if we saw the video would we still agree or disagree with what we saw in the actual footage of the event???

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - BladeRunner - 06-13-2011

Reminds me of an experience I had MANY moons ago;(when I was young & dumb). I was riding behind a '63 Chev minding my own business, there were 6 "kids" teens in the car. They decided it would be fun to spit out of the windows to see who could get me! Well, I did get splattered a couple of times..they must have seen the look on my face..'cause they took off..too bad for them they got caught at a Red light behind another car, I got off my bike..as they were rolling up the windows & locking the doors.
I went up to the drivers window & banged my fist on it..I asked them if they thought it was funny now? They were petrified! Would only look straight ahead,so, I kicked the mirror & it flew over the hood...they turned White!
I went to the back of the car, if anyone remembers the Chevys they had 6 tail lights that stuck out from the rear, I started kicking them one by one..the light changed just as I got the fifth one...hehehe....I would have given anything to see the look on the faces of that punks parents when they asked what happened to the car & what he told them..Now THAT would have been priceless!! I sure felt better after that. :mrgreen:

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - Guest - 06-13-2011

Read the article people. Theyy were in stop and go traffic In the left hand lane. Not defending cager, just think it was biker at fault this time.

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - admin - 06-13-2011

The article does not state what happened just prior to the car stopping. We do not have the full story available so it is impossible to come to any accurate conclusion in this case. The guy in the car may have just stopped fast to annoy the biker or the car may have cut the biker off before they came to a stop or maybe the biker was just being a jerk but we'll never know for certain unless we get more information. All we know for sure is that the biker was agitated so much that he smashed the car window out of anger. There have been times that ignorant cagers using cell phones and driving carelessly have almost pushed me to that breaking point also and using a helmet makes a lot more sense than using your fist to smash a car window and it would hurt a lot less as well.

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - garyft - 06-13-2011

admin Wrote:using a helmet makes a lot more sense than using your fist to smash a car window and it would hurt a lot less as well.

Truer words have never been spoken!!! Tongue

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - rcardwell - 06-14-2011

Just need one of these installed on your bike!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://community.tribalectic.com/content/texas-motorcycle-seat">http://community.tribalectic.com/conten ... cycle-seat</a><!-- m --> :lol:

Re: ANGRY MOTORCYCLIST ATTACKS "CAGER'S" CAR WINDOW WITH HELMET - BladeRunner - 06-14-2011

WOW!.. Confusedhock: Confusedhock: