Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the 1200's top speed be?
Sgt Dave say's: Faster than I'm willing to go :d

I'm kind of like that today Sgt Dave, but, back in my speed days, decades ago, I've gone as high as 170+ mph in a car and 150+ on a motorcycle and these days I'm perfectly fine doing 20 mph tops on my e-bike, although, when the coast is safe and clear I still love to wind my GL1200 out just to hear and feel it roar for a little bit. :d I think the realization that my kids need me and my wife prefers having me around (and the price of fines)has really slowed me down a bit but, I'll probably end up kicking off some day from slipping while exiting the bath tub, which is probably, as you may already know, one of the most dangerous things we'll ever do in this lifetime (slipping in a bathroom kills people daily) but at least there you don't get fined and your insurance doesn't go up if you live through it and get caught buck naked. Helmets should be worn by all bathers to prevent death and injuries. :lol:
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#7 03-15-2012, 08:51 AM,

Messages In This Thread
Re: What should the 1200's top speed be? - by admin - 03-15-2012, 08:51 AM