Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
aluminum radiator
Have anyone seen or use aluminum radiator just wondering if it would keep bike cooler my thought no and harder to fix if u get a leak http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-1987-Honda-...ing&hash=i tem27d6cd9312&item=171107521298&pt=Motorcycles_Par ts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
#1 08-19-2013, 07:58 AM,
If it has the same number of rows of tubing, and if it has the same length and height, then, no, it would not keep the bike cooler.
The aluminum may be lighter than the stock version.

And you are correct, aluminum is more expensive to weld if and when the upper or lower tanks developed a leak.

If you are looking to lower the engine coolant temperature, changing the type of coolant may be the way to go.
Using waterless coolant or distilled water are means of reducing the rust factor.

There has been some discussion on this topic.

-Ride On
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 08-19-2013, 09:42 AM,
(08-19-2013, 09:42 AM)bs175dths Wrote: If it has the same number of rows of tubing, and if it has the same length and height, then, no, it would not keep the bike cooler.
The aluminum may be lighter than the stock version.

And you are correct, aluminum is more expensive to weld if and when the upper or lower tanks developed a leak.

If you are looking to lower the engine coolant temperature, changing the type of coolant may be the way to go.
Using waterless coolant or distilled water are means of reducing the rust factor.

There has been some discussion on this topic.

-Ride On

No, Just home with broken foot been e-baying and saw it and was wondering
#3 08-19-2013, 09:54 AM,
you only need your left foot (ankle) to shift...... brakes are at the handlebars, so you can still ride. Big Grin

Just remember which foot to put down when you come to a stop.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Smile
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#4 08-19-2013, 10:13 AM,