Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Harbor Freight Motorcycle lift on sale this weekend
The 1000# cycle lift at Harbor Freight is on sale this weekend for $299.99. It puts the bike up to 30" in the air and eliminates standing on your head to work on the bottom of the cycle.

I don't like laying on the floor on a piece of cardboard, so I picked one up.
#1 10-12-2013, 04:36 PM,
I have one of the lighter duty "1000 lbs" lifts - it works ok. If I can find my round tuit I am going to add a detachable side stand support to the lift so you have something to stand the bike once you get it up on the lift while you organize the front chock, your tie straps, and center jack (see following note)

A scissor type center frame jack is a very nice addition to the shop and works well with the bike lift. I use it to stabilize a bike before tying it off to the lift, it can move fore and aft for front wheel work etc. It is a mechanical screw lift so it stays where you set it.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Motor.../8439499.p

#2 10-13-2013, 02:50 AM,
side bar - I don't use cardboard anymore.
I bought a pair of thick moving blankets.
Now I have a large, foldable, PADDED, (read soft enough to fall asleep on) surface to lay down on when I need to get 'down and dirty'.
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#3 10-14-2013, 03:02 PM,
(10-14-2013, 03:02 PM)bs175dths Wrote: side bar - I don't use cardboard anymore.
I bought a pair of thick moving blankets.
Now I have a large, foldable, PADDED, (read soft enough to fall asleep on) surface to lay down on when I need to get 'down and dirty'.

My oldest daughter & I used the lift tonight to pull the engine out of a GL1000 in about 2 hours.
I have some packing material that I also have used, but it got so dirty I stay cleaner by laying on the concrete floor.
I'd be afraid to use a pair of moving blankets because my wife would find in the garage floor me snoozing on one with the other covering me. She already claims I spend more time in the garage than with her (she's right), and that extra nap would keep me up half the night.

PurpleGl1200
#4 10-15-2013, 07:14 PM,
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
YEA FOR GREASE-MONKEY DAUGHTERS!!!!
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#5 10-16-2013, 09:40 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harbor Freight Tool Sale old gold 5 1,538 08-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Last Post: firstwing85
  HF Motorcycle Lift on Sale neoracer 2 907 07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Granpah