Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
2014 Brake System Upgrade
don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Congrats!
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#31 04-14-2014, 03:05 PM,
Rode today nice and easy with intervals of controlled slow downs to bed in the new pads and rotors. Frequent stops to make visible checks on the rotors. On the last several miles back to home I jumped on the highway and became super happy that I had installed the "Rudy Keeper Kits". My left foot felt something and the side cover was dangling harmlessly from the keeper cord. A careful pull over and snapped the cover back on. So I figure I just saved myself around $250 to $300 of an EBay purchase. I think the complete kit was about $49.
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#32 04-14-2014, 05:58 PM,
(04-14-2014, 05:58 PM)Roleketu Wrote: Rode today nice and easy with intervals of controlled slow downs to bed in the new pads and rotors. Frequent stops to make visible checks on the rotors. On the last several miles back to home I jumped on the highway and became super happy that I had installed the "Rudy Keeper Kits". My left foot felt something and the side cover was dangling harmlessly from the keeper cord. A careful pull over and snapped the cover back on. So I figure I just saved myself around $250 to $300 of an EBay purchase. I think the complete kit was about $49.

I've got Rudy's Keepers on my bike as well and I must agree that they are wonderful dollar savers. I lost one side cover years ago and it cost me $180. to replace and paint it. Didn't know about Rudy's back then so I used small tie wraps in holes drilled in the mounting stud base. Worked great, but, I prefer Rudy's detachable keepers instead. I'd say that they are a must have item for every GL1200.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#33 04-14-2014, 06:09 PM,
The last of my seasonal project was completed today. From my design specs, my father-in-law fabricated a bracket from stainless steel for a set of fork lights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#34 05-11-2014, 08:59 PM,