Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Need new Seat
Hi everyone anyone know anything about the Saddlemen Road Sofa Seat I found it @ the Motorcycle Superstore here is the link http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/198...-sofa-seat. My stock seat is kind of shot the previous owner took a needle and thread? fishing line? twine? to hold it together. Going to need a seat with good lumbar support for my back it's hell getting old. Need some ideals on getting a good seat for my 85 Interstate.

Thanks
#1 03-21-2014, 05:29 PM,
I've tried all the major brands and found that the Diamond seat gave me the best support and most comfort.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 03-21-2014, 07:13 PM,
Thanks is I looked them up the only thing I can find in that name is custom made? Is that the right place? If so I don't think I can afford that. I know everyone's needs are different any other ideals I can't go over $500 on a seat and that is what I paid for the bike after the work is done I hope to not have spent more than $1200 total less the seat. I hope & pray anyway. On a fixed income.

Thank You
#3 03-22-2014, 08:43 AM,
Lots on Ebay at times. Many guys here have found a Diamond seat for $50. or even less. That's what mine cost me. Just got to search.

#4 03-22-2014, 09:00 AM,
OK Thanks forgot all about looking on E-bay. I'll check it out

#5 03-22-2014, 01:56 PM,
Will a seat for a 1985 Aspencade fit on a 85 interstate it looks like a better seat is it?
#6 03-25-2014, 08:22 PM,
Yep, sure will fit. In fact all GL1200 seats from 84-87 interchange if you use the original left side bracket. In my opinion all stock GL1200 seats Aspencade, Interstate, LTD/SEi start to hurt me after about an hour's riding time. LTD/SEi seats are supposed to be a little more comfy, but, not really in my experience. The Diamond seat gives me about 4 hours riding time before I start to hurt, BUT, everyone is different.

#7 03-26-2014, 05:21 PM,
I just had my seat replaced this summer by Hartco http://www.hartcoseats.com
I have yet complain about a sore rear, my passengers also love the seat.
Money we'll spent. Give Mark a call he's a super cool guy to chat with and will explain every step into your custom seat for you rear end!
#8 09-01-2014, 10:48 PM,
(03-26-2014, 05:21 PM)admin Wrote: Yep, sure will fit. In fact all GL1200 seats from 84-87 interchange if you use the original left side bracket. In my opinion all stock GL1200 seats Aspencade, Interstate, LTD/SEi start to hurt me after about an hour's riding time. LTD/SEi seats are supposed to be a little more comfy, but, not really in my experience. The Diamond seat gives me about 4 hours riding time before I start to hurt, BUT, everyone is different.

Is Diamond a brand, design, or ? Got any pictures? Thanks

#9 10-02-2014, 11:00 AM,
Mark will also feed you a lot of B.S. I rode down to his shop and ordered a seat from his wife. I went back down there before they built the seat & talked to Mark. He told me just what they would do. They were late getting the seat done,( blamed it on his wife for not putting a date on the order, it had the date on the receipt ) was not just what I ordered. He blamed it all on his wife, but he was the one I talked to last on the second trip to his shop. I went back the third time after I had the seat with a couple of problems. I started to tell him what I found wrong & he copped an attitude right off & said I could just leave & live with it. I'll stay with a stock seat ( or used ) before I would order from him again. Poorboy

#10 10-02-2014, 11:39 AM,
Diamond is a brand name made in Florida http://www.diamondseats.com/ I purchased a Diamond about 8-10 years ago, made to fit my short legs, that along with a pair of SWAT boots allows me to almost flat foot on the ground when stopped. Mine is a hard seat but but wide and very comfortable.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#11 10-02-2014, 11:50 AM,