Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headset junction box
Diagram for headset and radio for aspencade

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#1 12-08-2016, 07:47 AM,
Years ago when I bought my '85 Aspencade it did not have the junction box or plugs for headsets.

I went to Radio Shack and bought two DIN extension cords and spliced two together so that one male end plugged into the capped female plug I located under the left compartment. I took great pains to splice and wrap the small wires and where I found foil shielding, I rewrapped each splice with foil again containing the same wires so shielded making sure foil extended well up onto cable shielding. I did same for the whole group, none of the foil touches a bare soldered splice either, all splices taped or shrink wrapped first. The junction box provides the shield in the store bought version, foil works in my version .... protected by tape.

When I first did it, I had run the rear out the inner side of the right upper fairing through the hole there and alongside the upper compartment on the left .... and I noticed I had a lot of alternator whine. It was then I realized I had run them too close to those stator wires and AC voltage. I then moved the passenger intercom feed over to the right side of the upper compartment down low and behind the rib of the gas tank towards the rear seat and then up through the hole provided for that in the Corbin seat. End of alternator whine.
Make Courtesy Your "Code of the Road" ......

[Image: 85Winggoodphoto500w.jpg]

...... and whatever you do ... Have a Safe Trip! :shy:
#2 12-08-2016, 10:19 AM,
there's always a way

Good one
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 12-08-2016, 06:25 PM,