Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Rear air shock upgrades
admin Wrote:This is a wonderful layout of how to rebuild the GL1200's rear shocks.

Every now and then we get a wonderful gift like this and it is to be treasured and shared forevermore.

It's the next best thing to actually rebuilding your own.

I tip my hat to this man's pictorial and would buy him lunch if he was in my town.

Thank you. Big Grin

if ever I find myself in Canada, I will take you up on that. Big Grin
#16 01-14-2007, 12:08 AM,
Hi Gambler and Welcome glad you could join us.

I really appericate the great work you done on documenting the shock rebuild on your 1200. I will most definately feel more at ease when I do mine since I have read your article and studied your photos.

Again Thanks and glad to have you aboard, and I'll match Vic on doing lunch if you ever make it out my way.

TN
#17 01-14-2007, 11:36 AM,
TNroadrider Wrote:Hi Gambler and Welcome glad you could join us.

I really appericate the great work you done on documenting the shock rebuild on your 1200. I will most definately feel more at ease when I do mine since I have read your article and studied your photos.

Again Thanks and glad to have you aboard, and I'll match Vic on doing lunch if you ever make it out my way.

TN

thanks, and if any of you find yourself in my neck of the woods, beers are on me.
#18 01-16-2007, 12:23 AM,
gambler Wrote:thanks, and if any of you find yourself in my neck of the woods, beers are on me.

Hello gambler,
Where might you be? Just in case one or two of us want to stop by for one of those beers.

If you would put a location in your profile we would come closer to knowing where you are.

Again, thanks for the detailed info on the shock rebuild. I really need it.

Lloyd
#19 01-16-2007, 03:54 AM,
Lloyd Dotson Wrote:
gambler Wrote:thanks, and if any of you find yourself in my neck of the woods, beers are on me.

Hello gambler,
Where might you be? Just in case one or two of us want to stop by for one of those beers.

If you would put a location in your profile we would come closer to knowing where you are.

Again, thanks for the detailed info on the shock rebuild. I really need it.

Lloyd

done, thanks for the reminder
#20 01-16-2007, 08:58 PM,
Hey Gambler<br>

If you are ever in NW Arkansas you can rebuild my rear shocks and I'll buy you a case or two of beer!!!! Confusedhock: Big Grin Big Grin
When in doubt, climb on, insert key, start, put in gear and RIDE...
2008 Gold Wing
1985 Metallic Blue Aspencade
2003 Candy Red Flame Shadow Sabre VT1100
#21 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM,
dalph07 Wrote:Hey Gambler<br>

If you are ever in NW Arkansas you can rebuild my rear shocks and I'll buy you a case or two of beer!!!! Confusedhock: Big Grin Big Grin

can we drink the beer while we rebuild the shocks????? :lol:
#22 01-20-2007, 09:13 PM,
gambler Wrote:

I hate to be a party pooper Sad but.... you can drink the beer while we rebuild the shocks! Big Grin I have an reaction to the hops and have to stick to rootbeer! :wink:
2008 Gold Wing
#23 01-20-2007, 09:43 PM,
dalph07 Wrote:
gambler Wrote:

I hate to be a party pooper Sad but.... you can drink the beer while we rebuild the shocks! Big Grin I have an reaction to the hops and have to stick to rootbeer! :wink:

oh my god Confusedhock:
#24 01-22-2007, 10:46 PM,
fysty-1 Wrote:I've been reading about Progressives. Are these air assist or are the just coil overs?

they make both I think, but the ones that work on the 'wings are air over spring.
#25 01-22-2007, 10:47 PM,
gambler Wrote:
dalph07 Wrote:
gambler Wrote:

oh my god Confusedhock:

Shall it be one or two cases? I will have to have your bike keys tho!!! :lol:
2008 Gold Wing
#26 01-23-2007, 04:17 PM,
dalph07 Wrote:
gambler Wrote:
dalph07 Wrote:
gambler Wrote:

oh my god Confusedhock:

Shall it be one or two cases? I will have to have your bike keys tho!!! :lol:

tempting, but a little too cold out there, say why don't you come here. :lol:
#27 01-24-2007, 12:41 AM,
gambler Wrote:tempting, but a little too cold out there, say why don't you come here. :lol:

Calif. is my home state. Ridden many roads around Ukiah and that area. Would like to take the rear-seater out there and show her around to some of the beautiful sights.
2008 Gold Wing
#28 01-24-2007, 05:05 PM,
I currently have a set of progressive manual, no air shocks that I have had on for about 8 years.
My bike is very heavy, got a bad case of chrome poisoning.
Luckily my co-rider is on the small side.
About 90% of the time I ride, I am pulling a trailer, but it will be nice to be able to adjust the firmness of the ride again.
I have purchased a set of stock shocks off of ebay, and I am wanting to get these in good shape before I install them.
This will work great, thanks.
#29 01-26-2007, 02:31 AM,
gl1200aspencade Wrote:I currently have a set of progressive manual, no air shocks that I have had on for about 8 years.
My bike is very heavy, got a bad case of chrome poisoning.
Luckily my co-rider is on the small side.
About 90% of the time I ride, I am pulling a trailer, but it will be nice to be able to adjust the firmness of the ride again.
I have purchased a set of stock shocks off of ebay, and I am wanting to get these in good shape before I install them.
This will work great, thanks.

post up if you have any questions.
#30 01-31-2007, 12:36 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear shock rebuild jaycojman43 2 2,484 02-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jaycojman43
  Rear Shock Rebuild Service wilmas2cool 0 1,098 03-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Last Post: wilmas2cool
  Rear Shock Question aspengold 7 2,440 03-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Last Post: SIR tricky
  rear air shock rebuild 3 1,753 10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Guest
  How to take the retaining ring out of the rear shock 1 1,411 09-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Guest
  Progressive rear shock question mtnsurgtech 1 1,156 08-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Last Post: mtnsurgtech
  Rear shock oil chainge? bamf_shadow 10 4,323 09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Last Post: admin