Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Auto traffic light changer
After I got my 1200 I was running into the same problem. I saw a post, on another board, about this very thing so I did a Google search and came up with "Signal Sorcerer". Found a seller on eBay and since I had some Paypal credit, I ordered one. It's just a small long magnet like the one shown in the video, attached it to the bottom of the motor, and headed off to give it a try. Not one of the lights that I had been having problems with were triggered. I tried riding up on the left side of the loop, the middle and then the right side. No luck. I stumbled across some other discussions where they pretty much indicated that these were just a gimmick. (See Deer Whistles) Don't waste your money and/or time. Fortunately, the one light that I had the most problems with (the only way out of our addition to the main road) put in the video sensors and my problem there has been solved. Works every time.

Cheers,
FTO
Forever The Optimist
1986 Blue/Blue Aspencade
Little Elm, Tx
"Go Lobo's"
#16 10-18-2007, 05:53 AM,
Well I strapped a 50 pound pull horseshoe magnet to my centre stand and went to the traffic light that I was having problems with, the light did change for me after a 4 minute wait. There have been times where the light would not change at all so the magnet may have helped. I will try it again on Monday. On the way home I heard a scraping sound coming from the bottom of my bike, I stopped and found that I picked up a good chunk of wire with the magnet so I know it works.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#17 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM,
A couple of times I have put the centre stand down and it aapeared to work?? others have said this works for them too, yet others say it doesnt
#18 10-19-2007, 04:20 AM,
bluewing Wrote:Well I strapped a 50 pound pull horseshoe magnet to my centre stand and went to the traffic light that I was having problems with, the light did change for me after a 4 minute wait. There have been times where the light would not change at all so the magnet may have helped. I will try it again on Monday. On the way home I heard a scraping sound coming from the bottom of my bike, I stopped and found that I picked up a good chunk of wire with the magnet so I know it works.

I'll bet FTO doesn't pick up much with his little magnet. Looking forward to hearing your Monday report Lane.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#19 10-19-2007, 08:11 AM,
admin Wrote:
bluewing Wrote:Well I strapped a 50 pound pull horseshoe magnet to my centre stand and went to the traffic light that I was having problems with, the light did change for me after a 4 minute wait. There have been times where the light would not change at all so the magnet may have helped. I will try it again on Monday. On the way home I heard a scraping sound coming from the bottom of my bike, I stopped and found that I picked up a good chunk of wire with the magnet so I know it works.

I'll bet FTO doesn't pick up much with his little magnet. Looking forward to hearing your Monday report Lane.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#20 10-19-2007, 08:03 PM,
Yea,

Most of the roads, that I regularly travel, have most of the iron dust cleaned up off of them now. Just doing my part to help the riding environment.

Cheers,
FTO
Forever The Optimist
1986 Blue/Blue Aspencade
Little Elm, Tx
"Go Lobo's"
#21 10-21-2007, 07:32 PM,
Be careful crossing railroad tracks bluewing you might just be stuck to the rail with that 50 pound magnet. :lol: :wink:
Joe
1989 GL1500
#22 10-21-2007, 07:33 PM,
I'll watch for that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#23 10-23-2007, 09:09 PM,
I recently got so pissed at lights not changing I bought a magnet, powerful one. Maker of this one is AMANET...it's called RLC-40. I've tested that thing through every light that wouldn't change, now they do. There are still a few that don't cycle, even with the car but they are few. I might be at more of a disadvantage than you guys, my frame is aluminum, it's an 1800. Just thought I'd let you know, there is hope at lights.
Cheers.
07 GL1800AL present ride
07 FLHTC
02 FLSTC
83 Venture
74 Norton 850 Roadster
68 Triumph Bonneville
64 Sportster XLCH
48 Flathead WL
#24 11-05-2007, 05:54 PM,
I have beed driving with my 50 pound pull magnet and lights are changing. I think I even move the odd cage sideways. Haven't picked up any loose change yet but I have picked up some wire and springs and other objects. :lol: :lol:
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#25 11-05-2007, 11:19 PM,
Len Wrote:I recently got so pissed at lights not changing I bought a magnet, powerful one. Maker of this one is AMANET...it's called RLC-40. I've tested that thing through every light that wouldn't change, now they do. There are still a few that don't cycle, even with the car but they are few. I might be at more of a disadvantage than you guys, my frame is aluminum, it's an 1800. Just thought I'd let you know, there is hope at lights.
Cheers.

Thanks Len, I never considered that until you mentioned it but that aluminum frame would create quite a problem at stoplights.

Here's the link to that red light changer;

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2&zenid=678360cbecce7cf2593e5dcd0b2df738">http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?mai ... cd0b2df738</a><!-- m -->

#26 11-06-2007, 06:52 AM,
Yes Vic. This devise is very effective. Len was skeptical but I see he is sold now.
I put mine on back in August. It works great!!!
I sell them for $29.95

[Image: rlc-40_LRG.jpg]
#27 11-06-2007, 02:02 PM,
By the time you pay shipping and brokerage fees from the U.S. you might as well buy it over here because it's cheaper.

#28 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM,
As a licensed traffic control supervisor for the state of Washington. I can tell you on paving projects the loops are put in new at all intersections.

There are controls in them big silver boxes next to a intersection that control all the electronics in the intersections and on the lights. If you contact the Engineer in charge of traffice control equipt I guarantee the trucks usually vans have all the equipt to manage these. If you volunteer to help them by riding a bike through the turn lane in question it can be set to pickup a Kids Tonka truck if necessary. It is very seldom when were monitoring one a motorcycle will enter a loop so it can be set properly. The newer loops are very sensitive to vehicles inside the loops.

Hope this helps one call thats all.

LarryH
:lol: Idea
#29 01-27-2008, 08:33 PM,
Thanks for the Info and welcome to the Site!!!
1985 Limited Edition
#30 01-27-2008, 10:39 PM,