Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AM/ (no) FM Radio
My AM works great but in FM mode I only get the stations displayed on the screen, no sound. I'm curious to see if someone has had the same problem, and if they figured out what the problem was.
My tape player doesn't work either and I'm starting to wonder if this piece of equipment is worth the money and hassle to try and fix. I like the integrated features like the intercom (that I don't have yet) and auto volume, handlebar tuning and mute, but am I beating a dead horse?
Maybe I should give up and get a car radio and a separate intercom system and be done with it?
What do you folks think?
Thanks,
John
#1 01-12-2008, 12:28 AM,
Personally I would try to get the radio fixed. Although it is a 22 year old radio and may not have the functions available that a modern auto radio has.

I tried an auto radio in an 84 Interstate I had (back in 84) and couldnt hear the thing over 30 MPH and then every time I stopped I had to reach and turn down the volume then turn it back up on starting. I bought an 85 Aspencade.

If you were electronically minded and the radio had pre-amp outputs you might be able to port the auto radio through the on board power amp, that way you would have the AVC.

I would get it fixed if possible.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 01-12-2008, 08:04 AM,
I see your point about the auto volume, that is something to consider.
I'm really more of an 'electronically challenged' person. I can follow instructions how to hook up things but if I have to figure anything out myself - forget it!
I'm trying to get this thing working on a budget too, I understand it's not cheap to get these radios repaired? I also need all the intercom related parts, and that's a crap shoot buying them from e-bay and hoping they work...
Thanks,
John
#3 01-12-2008, 02:07 PM,
I understand the budget part, but it might be cheaper to fix the one you have, talk to sierra. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sierra-mc.com/">http://www.sierra-mc.com/</a><!-- m -->
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 01-12-2008, 05:27 PM,