Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad weather to the south
I hope none of our members were affected by todays tornadoes in the southern states.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#1 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM,
Our prayers go out to the families devastated by the storms. I deal with the hurricanes down here, the worry for the time it's coming is bad, but not knowing that the storm is about to hit till the walls are caving in must be something else.
I think of the movie "Twister" where they described a F5 as the "finger of God".
God bless all those that the storms touched.
#2 02-06-2008, 05:12 PM,
All is well around our town, the storms parted and went to the north and to the south of here.
3 lives were lost in a community 15 miles east of here.
There Families and friends have been in our prayers .

Jim
#3 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM,
That’s horrible, what a frightening thing to happen. I have been in one twister and I never want to be in another.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#4 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM,
You know, we complain about our weather - cold, snow, et al - but it's nothing compared to what some regions suffer such as the southern part of the US as evidenced by recent events. Our thoughts are with all affected.
#5 02-06-2008, 08:06 PM,
I live less than 15 minutes from the university that got hit by the tornados last night. We have friends that attend there and we were relived that no one was seriously hurt or killed when it hit the dorms. Tornado alley has always extended into our area but until mass media became avaiable it wasn't broadcast very much. It's hairy when you know there is a storm about and you can't tell when a funnel cloud is about to drop down on you. Underground storm shelters are being found in more and more back yards. I have an old school bus that I plan to bury to make my tornado shelter.

I remember in the 70's a local Honda motorcycle dealership was hit and bikes were scattered for 5 miles down the highway. That same storm drove straw from the fileds into Oak trees without breaking the straw. Trees looked like porcupines.

Please remember all those families affected by the storms.

Hey lostinflorida, I remember Camille in '69, don't ever want to do that again. First and hopefully last expierence with a hurricane.
Joe
1989 GL1500
#6 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM,