Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desiccant Renewal?
Hi to everyone. I am a new member and have been enjoying the site for a couple of weeks. I have a 85 Aspencade that I am returning back to life.

The air compressor on the Aspencade is connected to a drying champer that contains a desiccant material for absorbing moister from the compression process. I found my bike's desiccant to have a very light blue color when the manual stated that it should be blue. The manual states that it should be replace when white. I tried to order new desiccant from the dealer but this has been discontinued for some time. I desided to try an experiment to see what would happen.

I placed the desiccant into a electric toaster over which was set to 200 degree F. After about fifteen minutes of baking the desiccant was now a very dark blue. So I quess that I remove the water from the materal. Big Grin

Do not try this in a gas oven because water vapor will be a by-product of the combustion process. The goal is to remove water from the material.

Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks for all information from everyone. I look forward to riding my Wing.
#1 06-08-2008, 06:53 PM,
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=87&start=0">viewtopic.php?f=50&t=87&start=0</a><!-- l -->
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 06-08-2008, 07:53 PM,