Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
headsets.
Did you try turning down the headset volume? Sounds like back feed from your mic.
#1 01-28-2009, 11:24 PM,
Try plugging it into the rear cable and see if you get the same problem.
Try the system with another head set before spending lots of $$$
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 01-29-2009, 11:40 PM,
Your signature states it is an Interstate model you have... Is the radio an after market kind or is it one out of an Aspy.??? Likely it is the former as there is quite a bit of wiring needed to hook up the Aspy radio... If by chance it does have the Aspy's wiring harness then it could possibly be a poor (or incorrect) contact somewhere... There has been many folks that had problems with the slide in slide out feature on the radio... The contacts in the back of the radio get pushed in and then only make intermitant contact... Another issue (one I had) is the shield wire connection in the 5 pin plug can ground out other pins within the plug... Do try using the riders plug and then the drivers plug (separately)... Also if at all possible, do verify your headset on another bike to be sure it's not the problem...
Ed Zogg
#3 01-30-2009, 08:57 AM,
I would try the headset on another bike and another headset on your bike prior to ripping things apart.

The headset signal comes from radio separately than that to the amplifier so if the problem isnt the headset which you can ID by swapping with a known good one then it would seem it could be the radio or the headset junction box. Of course if you have a CB then the multichanger can also be at fault.

You can also remove the headset junction box from the equation by plugging directly into the headset lead from the raidio that goes to the headset junction box.

Headsets have been known to be faulty even from new.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 01-31-2009, 06:00 AM,
The test mentioned above is how I was able to verify a cable (shorting) issue I had... The shield connection on the drivers headset plug (bike end) was shorting to other pins in the plug... Once you get the rubber boot off the plug it can be taken apart pretty easily and fixed... I unsoldered the wire and put a piece of heat shrink on it then soldered it back together... Been working just great ever since...
Ed Zogg
#5 02-08-2009, 11:11 AM,