Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 watt, 12 volt screw in light bulb
Hi all.. Tongue !! I need some help in locating a bulb for my light bar ,antenna style light. It is a 12 volt ,3 watt ,screw-in bulb that has a narrow glass,not globe shaped , so that it can fit inside the thread-on amber, plastic, cylindrical lense that sits on top of the antenna-type base. Some people have told me that it is actually a flashlight bulb. :?:
I have not had any success at Honda dealerships, NAPA, Carquest, Canadian Tire, nor on websites for light bulb manufacturers such as G.E, Sylvania etc. ,Google, EBay and so on. If I knew who made the light bar itself I might actually be tempted to buy a couple of spare lenses also. They are red ,and about 3 1/4 " x 1 3/4 ", held on by two screws.
This antenna style add-on may not actually be part of the chrome light bar but an addition after the fact. Any help with either the light bulb mentioned ,or the lenses for the chrome light rail would be appreciated. Smile
Thanks,
Thorndale Aspy
If you ate today ,thank a farmer!!
#1 06-15-2009, 05:20 AM,
Have a look here at the very bottom of the page:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://autolumination.com/flashlight_bulbs.html">http://autolumination.com/flashlight_bulbs.html</a><!-- m -->

KPR12 (Krypton) 12 Volt This bulb is slightly different that what you have on your bike but I believe that it may work just fine and the price is not bad. If you order a couple KPR6 6 volt bulbs, you will find that the light will be very bright but it won't last as long as the KPR12.

This is an Arizona based business that will not ship outside the U.S. so you will have to connect with one of our Arizona or any other U.S. members to complete the transaction.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 06-15-2009, 05:36 PM,
Yes Bob ,the shape,or at least the size of the shape does matter. it can't be any bigger than the screw in base or the cylindrical lense will not fit around it. Bad design I think.

And Vic, yes ,I'll check that out. Not shipping outside U.S.does pose it's problems doesn't it.

Thank,
John
If you ate today ,thank a farmer!!
#3 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM,
:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd That's a nice solution Bob.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 06-16-2009, 10:05 AM,