Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
CB Radio
Should I be able to hear the CB through the Panasonic radio speakers? The CB powers up channel button works but no noise, not even static.

Bob
1984 Aspencade
#1 07-27-2009, 02:21 PM,
Yes.
If you can hear the radio/tape you should be able to hear the CB radio when it receives
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM,
Thanks Tricky. That puppy is as quiet as a church mouse. Looks as if another troubleshoot & repair job goes on the list of things to do, this winter, as for now it's ridin' time.

Bob
1984 Aspencade
#3 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM,
Can you hear it fine on the headset?

#4 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM,
Tricky, I don't have a headset at this time. The PO didn't have one for it either. I was attempting to determine if the CB was actually working. I'll pick up a headset and see what happens then. It's not going to keep the bike in the garage CB or no CB. I worked on the baby since November, now it's time to ride. The only thing I really need to do is replace the radiator cap. I saw some coolant dripping just after I started the engine over the past several days. It quit after a few minutes and a quick check of the upper tank reveiled the coolant level was within specs.

Bob
1984 Aspencade
#5 07-27-2009, 07:53 PM,
At another place and time I was told the CB wouldn't operate completely without the head set.
Case in point, there is no hand held microphone. Why? Because they want you to have BOTH hands on the handle bars. And that's why you can only hear, and broadcast through a head set.

I don't yet know if this is true as I also don't yet have a head set.
I think I'll put that on my Christmas list.
1985 GL1200a
Live to ride,
Ride to live!
#6 07-27-2009, 08:09 PM,
The CB will be heard through the speakers or headsets, you have a choice, of course without a mike you cannot broadcast.

I never use the headsets for other than intercom and have used my CB since it rolled off the line in 85.

#7 07-28-2009, 05:44 AM,
I use my head set some times but I also have a hand mike I use when I don.t have my head set on, I can hear my CB through the speakers loud and clear without the head set..
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#8 07-29-2009, 05:17 AM,