Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after 84 CB switch
Has anyone ever taken the 85+ CB switch apart for cleaning? They do get quite grungy inside.
I know spraying contact cleaner in every once in a while helps but it could do with cleaning and a coating of silicone grease.

If anyone has managed to take one apart, a detailed description would be of help.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#1 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM,
Remove switch housing from mount,there is a small hole on bottom, a small flat bladed screwdriver can be used to pry housing apart.
Inside there is a screw holding the switch in the housing, remove it and remove from housing.
The switch has four tabs that when slightly pried on will allow to disassemble, a rag should be held around switch as there is three small springs, and two copper contacts shaped like this [
Clean all contacts with fine crokus cloth and contact cleaner.
Apply dielectric grease to springs contacts and switch cavities to protect, lube, and help hold in position during reassembly.
Use model cement or super glue in small amounts to reassemble housing, I just dabbed on corners, and reinstall on mount, that's it.
#2 07-27-2009, 01:16 PM,
I Read your piece on the CB switch, when you posted it on Saunders site, I did it a couple of nights ago. It was my channel changer that was gummed up. working OK now. Thanks.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM,