Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
On board compressor
Hi All. I am new and this is my second post today.
I have been searching this board for some discussion on the air suspension and the on board compressor and haven't been able to find any...so, I guess I will start some.
I just bought a 1984 aspencade and cannot figure out how do get the compressor to work. It is obvious to me when riding that it needs some air. I have followed the manual and put it on the center stand, turned key to ON position, pushed both front and increase at the same time or rear and increase, and nothing happens. (same if I push decrease)
The display gauge doesn't even come on, should it? I have looked for a fuse but found nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks.
#1 06-19-2007, 10:27 AM,
"The display gauge doesn't even come on"

It sounds like your doing the right things. The engine temp guage should change to the air guage and you should hear a popping noise from the commpressor running.

:?
#2 06-19-2007, 11:18 AM,
No display and no noise... was hoping that I was doing something wrong.
Wondered if there was a switch or something that wasn't getting flipped?
Help..... Sad
#3 06-19-2007, 11:47 AM,
Is the trans in neutral? Sometimes you really need to press hard on those buttons initially if they haven't been used in a while. Make sure the fuse is good.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM,
Hey admin,
Where would I find the fuse? Thanks.
#5 06-20-2007, 05:11 AM,
Remove the right fairing pocket and look for an inline fuse amongst the wires in there.

#6 06-20-2007, 05:59 AM,
There is also a relay for the compressor, it is on the left side of the ignition module.

[Image: relay.jpg]

[Image: comp.jpg]

[Image: comprelay.jpg]
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#7 06-20-2007, 06:38 AM,
Great diagram...I don't see any fuse though...
I will look tonight.
Thank you.
#8 06-20-2007, 12:34 PM,
I don't remember seeing a fuse in the vicinity either but the schematic does show a fuse on the brown wire somewhere. I would check for voltage on the brown wire when you have the ignition turned on, if there is voltage there then you don't need to look for a fuse.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#9 06-20-2007, 04:12 PM,
I want to thank you guys for your suggestions/diagrams!
I messed with it last night and jiggled every connection that I could find. When I went to try it...nothing...
Then I remembered someone saying something about pushing real hard on the buttons. I thought I was already pushing hard, but I pushed harder, and low and behold....compressor started working!!
I pumped front and rear up to where the guages should be, and it was a much nicer ride to work this morning.
Thanks again.
#10 06-22-2007, 04:52 AM,
If you work them off and on several times they won't be so hard to work the next time it's just that the contacts get dirty if they haven't been used in a while and require a little extra push to get started.

#11 06-22-2007, 07:34 AM,