Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speaker wires
Bought a pair of Honda GL1200 rear speaker boxes and put them on one of my Aspys. I put some Polk Audio 401's in and they sound great. I tied them in to the front speakers and they work fine, but I was wondering if they should be tied into the radio itself on their own wires. In otherwords, is the stereo for the Aspy the same as a Limited or SE? Those I believe came with 4 speakers, so I'm assuming that there were 4 different sets of speaker wires, is it the same on my Aspy even though the Aspy came with 2 speakers. If so, would the wires be in the back of the stereo or in the left side compartment where the amp is?
1997 Valkyrie Tourer, 1987 Burgandy Aspencade with poorboy installed, and a 2005 Red GL 1800.
#1 12-05-2010, 09:43 AM,
I dont have an sei model that comes with the four speakers but looking at the schematic, it looks like the power amp is different than the Aspencade with 3 sets of outputs rather than the two on the aspencade.

The sei has a fader control if I am not mistaken.

There is NOT an output from the radio for extra speakers.

Ther L/R output from the radio goes to the amplifier then is sent to the left right front speakers.

If you want sound on the rear I think the only way would be to tap the front speakers and install a volume control, that was an option on the Aspencade.

You might want to add a small amplifier in the circuit however unless you have an external alternator you may find you don't have enough power generated for one of those.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM,
That's what I did. I tapped the front speakers, and it sounds fine. I was just wondering if there were more wires off the radio to add the rear speakers. Thanks Tricky.
1997 Valkyrie Tourer, 1987 Burgandy Aspencade with poorboy installed, and a 2005 Red GL 1800.
#3 12-06-2010, 02:18 PM,