Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Wind Wings ?
Windshield wings or wraparound? My stock windshield had the small metal brackets on each outer bottom corner with predrilled holes. I ordered a set of windshield wings for it.
I knew this would require drilling the upper attachment holes for the wings one on each side so I attached the bottom bolts and brackets first in the predrilled holes. With the wings attached only at the bottom I lined up the top of the wings where the attachment brackets should go and used masking tape on the windshield where the new holes would be drilled. No problem, just don't force the drill bit, use a smaller bit first as a pilot hole.

I ran with windshield wings for a year and they were better than just the standard windshield.
A passing semi hurled a rock off one of his tires one day on the hwy. and hit dead center of the windshield leaving a big crack and scaring the life out of me...thankgoodness for a windshield that would have been "ME". I replaced that windshield with a Slipstreamer wraparound and I like the wraparound much better,it has a bigger air bubble and wraps around the mirrors.
From now on its a wraparound for me,much better in rain as well.
The wraparound went on easy and the small black metal brackets at the corners arn't required any longer, the windshield comes with new "L" brackets that attach right to the fairing next to the left and right storage pockets. Nice windshield
#16 05-05-2011, 07:25 PM,
charron.bob Wrote:Hey Clancy I had the same thing and my wind wings were all faded. All I did was buy a few small length of lexan plastic about 3mm thick $10 Cnd and cut out same from old one's and then wet sanded the edges. Attached photo was the result. The Wind wings make a very big difference especially when it rains.

Bob[attachment=0]

do you see at the top of your windshield or through?
#17 05-07-2011, 12:31 PM,